El Paso - TX, ELPASO, 1945 Northwestern Drive, 79912-1108
Toni L Pohle
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Flexibility is a key aspect of the Operations Manager role. The ideal candidate will need to be equally comfortable with direct interaction clients or service team members as they receive inbound service calls and network internally to research and resolve client operational issues. To be effective in this role, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to build and sustain strong relationships with internal partners across multiple locations; ensure service levels and client needs are met or exceeded daily; continuously identify opportunities for efficiency and operational excellence. Developing operational specialists to ensure all goals and objectives are met while cultivating the Schwab culture. Partnership and teamwork are crucial skills for success in this position.
What you’ll do:
The Operations Manager has direct supervisory responsibilities over a 15 – 18 person team, and must maintain an engaging team approach to all work. The manager ensures that all functions are performed in a timely and accurate manner within Schwab policies and procedures while proactively identifying opportunities for process improvement and efficiency. Providing appropriate levels of employee development is an important aspect of this role, including providing feedback, coaching, oversight and supervision as well as employee performance evaluations. As a member of the management team, responsibilities also include participating in the ongoing planning and direction of the teams when appropriate.
Depending on licensing, skills and prior experience, candidates may be offered position at the Team Manager (57) or Senior Manager level (59)
What you have:
- Demonstrated ability to build, sustain and lead in an engaging, team oriented environment
- Skills in coaching and developing people at all performance levels via established performance objectives, consistent feedback, and appropriate recognition
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, professionalism, and strong work ethic with high level of integrity and ethics
- Strong leadership, partnership and collaboration skills
- Must enjoy a detail-oriented position in a fast paced, continuously changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid negotiation skills to influence and build consensus with peers and business partners; experience working collaboratively in a multi-team environment
- Generate and implement new ideas and processes to make the department more efficient; and seamlessly manage all aspects of projects
- Strong critical thinking and decision making skills in order to apply sound judgment on a daily basis; ability to think strategically and analyze a variety of factors and metrics when making global decisions for the department
- Able to multitask and succeed in a dynamic and fast moving environmentS
- Series 7, 63 and 9/10 required. A Condition of employment may be used for highly qualified candidates to obtain licensing
Please note: flexibility in scheduling is required for this position. Our hours of operation are Sunday through Friday 6 am to 7pm MST. Our staffing needs will be evaluated during your first few weeks of training and your initial schedule will be assigned at that time. Depending on your schedule, you may be eligible for a shift differential. Although we will try to give you advance notice, your assigned schedule may be changed at any point during your employment.
In addition to the minimum qualifications, ideal candidates will also have the following preferred qualifications:
- 5 + years of work experience preferable in financial services, operations or client service
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience
- Proven experience with formal efficiency or quality programs a plus (Six Sigma, etc.)
- Prior experience working in an environment requiring multi-tasking and effective prioritization
- What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 63, FINRA Series 10, FINRA Series 7, FINRA Series 9
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - El Paso
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Thursday, February 8, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, February 24, 2018