Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every clientrsquo;s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of lsquo;own your tomorrowrsquo; every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Sr. Manager of Risk Intelligence in Dashboarding and BI will take strong hands-on ownership of the reporting that allows risk decision makers to meet client, company and partner commitments. Initially, this report automation specialist will be immersed not only in the Charles Schwab business and Risk cultures, but more specifically, they will master current operations including as many as two dozen, mostly manual, MS Office-based reports.nbsp; Quickly following this fundamental learning period, and to the extent possible, the successful Sr. Manager will automate many of the existing risk reports including directly sourcing data (E.g., ODBC or other) and delivering relevant insights to digital, visual format.nbsp; Among other responsibilities, this will include converting Email, Excel, PowerPoint and Access-based documents to Tableau or similar electronic means.nbsp; Beyond, Business Intelligence professional will help Corporate Risk Management evolve towards an electronic, Big Data Dashboarding ecosystem.
In addition to learning current processes and developing automated solutions, more strategically, the Sr. Manager of Risk Intelligence will play a key department role in understanding information needs.nbsp; He or she will be comfortable presenting to groups as they bring important information to team discussions.nbsp; Among other risk management topics, Client Experience and Fraud Prevention will be central themes, particularly as they relate to money movement channels (E.g., Wire, ACH, card, check, bill pay, account open, etc.).nbsp;
What yoursquo;ll do:
- Fully share in the responsibility to optimize the Client/Brand experience while helping to manage risk, minimize fraud and meet key performance metrics.
- Leverage hands-on dashboard automation and technical Business Intelligence skills, Data Science knowledge, market intelligence, business understanding, Schwab culture and client focus to contribute to the security of client and company assets.
- Modernize and automate the current risk reporting platform, for example; From MS Excel and PowerPoint to Tableau and R-Shiny.
- Develop and maintain a substantial number of scheduled and ad-hoc data processes, reports and dashboards.
- Ensure the highest levels of data, report and dashboard accuracy on a timely and dependable basis.
- Electronically connect to new data sources such as relational as well as NoSQL databases, NAS drives, Weblogs and Hive tables.
- Take an interactive and visible role within your own department - Risk Intelligence - as well as with partners in Deposits Risk, Payments Risk and other groups such as Technology, Data and Operations.
- Own the Risk Intelligence, reporting/dashboarding process including tools, data and workflow automation.
- Co-own the discussions, recommendations and results generated from the Risk Intelligence process.
What you have:
- Proven track record automating data movement, reports and dashboards.
- Relevant experience working in dynamic business reporting and dashboarding roles.
- Very strong working knowledge of data visualization and dashboarding tools such as Tableau or similar.
- Hands-on experience writing SQL and working with large relational databases (E.g., Teradata, SQL Server, ORACLE).
- Broad knowledge of various RDBMS query interfaces (E.g., Teradata SQL Assistant, SSMS, Toad, Chameleon).
- Strong background working with a wide variety of (mostly) structured data sources, and connecting those sources to client applications.
- Good knowledge of workflow tools such as SSIS or Alteryx.
- Foundational understanding of modern Data Sciences.
- Some knowledge of big data and weblog systems and query tools (E.g., Mongo, Hive-SQL, Splunk).
- Knowledge of terminal emulators (E.g., PuTTy) and basic UNIX/LINUX commands, as well as S/FTP tools (E.g., WinSCP).
- Some knowledge of Risk Management concepts.
- Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Microsoft Office Suite (I.e., Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; + SharePoint).
- Flexibility and eagerness to learn and teach in a team setting, to quickly reprioritize and to dive in where needed.
- Experience in Financial Services or related field
- Familiarity with Big Data front-end tools (E.g., Hadoop, Spark, Python)
- Required:nbsp; B.S./B.A. in Data Science, Computer Science, InfoTech or related analytical field
- Preferred: MS/MBA in Business Intelligence, Finance, Economics, Statistics, or similar analytical/technical fieldnbsp;
What yoursquo;ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab amp; Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs, IT-DBA-6+ yrs, Analyst/Strategy-6+ yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs, Risk Analysis
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Thursday, February 8, 2018
Expiration Date: Friday, March 16, 2018