Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every clientrsquo;s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of lsquo;own your tomorrowrsquo; every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
In Corporate Risk Management, we provide an integrated risk management strategy that supports the delivery of predictable financial and operational performance in order to produce successful client and shareholder outcomes.nbsp; We are organized around six primary functions: Credit, Market, and Investment Risk; Enterprise Risk; Information Security Risk; Model Risk, Operational Risk; and Deposits amp; Payments Risk.nbsp; Our Deposits amp; Payments Risk team manages the risk of loss in deposit and payment services offered through Schwab Bank and Brokerage affiliates.
The Data Scientist - Risk Intelligence is primarily responsible for supporting the Data-Analytics needs of the Deposits and Payments Risk Department.nbsp; As such, this generalist in the field of data analysis has a broad understanding of analytical theory, and more importantly, how it applies to fraud and risk challenges.nbsp; Altogether, the Data Scientist ndash; Risk Intelligence plays a key role innbsp; 1) Optimizing the Charles Schwab client experience andnbsp; 2) Minimizing risk to client and company assets.nbsp;
As the Data Sciences expert, you are the Risk Departmentrsquo;s go-to, individual contributor for analyses and insights.nbsp;nbsp; Yoursquo;ll combine people skills, statistical training, technological know-how, understanding of various data sources ndash; both curated and lsquo;messyrsquo; ndash; and a JUMP-IN attitude to source data, prepare it, analyze/model it, and consult Risk colleagues on how to apply results.
More strategically, you are a highly interactive team member.nbsp; Understanding the Charles Schwab business and regularly meeting with your Risk Department colleagues allows you to translate their information needs into sound analytical methodology and accurate outputs.nbsp; Your business understanding of financial transactions for deposits and payments, banks and broker-dealers, mobile and other, empowers you as a results-driven Analyst.nbsp; In short, you are the hands-on expert who wrangles, and even bootstraps data, technologies and creative approaches to improve fraud and risk outcomes.
What yoursquo;ll do:nbsp;
- Fully share in the responsibility to optimize the Client/Brand experience while helping to manage risk, minimize fraud and achieve key performance metrics
- Be a contributing voice to risk and fraud strategy discussions
- Seek out your Risk, Data and Technology partners
- Balance analytical rigor and business sense to promote reasonable solutions
- Work hands-on in a variety of query and analytical tools to perform simple-to-complex, univariate and multivariate analyses; I.e., Descriptive statistics to prescriptive analytics
- Develop original code to acquire and blend data, analyze it, and present new knowledge
- Dynamically embrace your role as an applied Data Scientist.nbsp; When you are not efficiently solving problems you are contacting colleagues, exploring new data sources, researching tools and methodologies and making a positive impact.
What you have:
- A genuine interest in protecting Charles Schwab client and company assets
- Experience working for a Financial Services firm, specifically in Risk Management or Fraud Prevention
- Five to ten years experience:
- As a hands-on Data Scientist/Statistician; broad range of simple-to-complex problems
- In a medium-to-large-scale professional business environment
- Operating advanced analytical software such as R, SAS or similar
- Working with all data sizes and formats
- Writing original code for data acquisition, manipulation and analysis
- Moving in and out of enterprise-level relational databases such as Teradata, SQL Server or similar
- Two or more years experience in big data environments:
- Hadoop or similar DFS
- Cassandra, MongoDB or similar NoSQL
- Python or similar general programming language
- Basic understanding of:
- Financial transactions and their attributes:
- Some exposure to data visualization and dash-boarding tools such as Qlikview or Tableau
- Minimum:nbsp; B.S./B.A. in Statistics, Mathematics, or similar analytical field
- Preferred: MS/MBA in Statistics, Econometrics, Finance or similar analytical field
What yoursquo;ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab amp; Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs, Analyst/Strategy-6+ yrs, IT-DBA-6+ yrs, Regulatory, Banking-6+ yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Thursday, February 8, 2018
Expiration Date: Friday, March 16, 2018