Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Retail Web Technology (RWT) department at Charles Schwab is a leading edge organization in terms of technical strategy and delivery. We are currently undergoing a transformation to a more agile/lean process methodology, with a vision to get to continuous integration/continuous delivery. We are implementing cutting edge Agile practices such as Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Paired Programming. We are also adopting Lean Management practices such as Standard Work, Visual Management Systems and Gemba Walks.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a talented web Front-End senior developer to join the Retail Web Technology trading team. This individual should be a technical leader and have a passion for keeping up-to-date and using cutting-edge web technologies to build interactive web applications.
- Use your keen knowledge, desire, and passion to produce usable and scalable web software using advanced development technologies.
- You will be responsible for providing vision, design, and leadership to the technology teams. You will provide documentation, build sample views, best practices, code reviews, provide performance and security analysis, provide guidance, and contribute to coding tasks as necessary.
- You will also participate in a leadership capacity in software engineering using advanced development patterns and build high performing, scalable web applications with modular widgets/views.
- You will evolve and enhance existing web applications.
- You will actively collaborate with the development teams and technology leaders across Schwab technology on product development, best practices, and automation.
You will be self-directed and interact with technology and business partners at all levels.
- Finally, you will operate in a fast-paced customer focused environment that continually embraces the latest technologies and techniques.
What you have:
- Strong knowledge of design patterns.
- Experience in applying client side MV* frameworks such as backbone.js and angularJS.
- Experience in Web Accessibility.
- Experience with Responsive Design and Single Page Applications (SPA)
- Experience in application performance tuning and capacity planning
- Experience in developing against NoSQL systems like MongoDB.
- Experience with Web API and RESTful service.
- Understanding of Agile software development principles along with experience participating in agile projects.
- Knowledge of Web Content Management Systems is a plus.
- Self-motivated, quick learner who can manage multiple projects with minimal direction.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Change Management/Release Management-2-5 yrs, IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Thursday, February 8, 2018
Expiration Date: Wednesday, May 2, 2018