Chicago -L, IL150SW, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
As a Talent Advisor, you will partner closely with hiring teams to attract, source and assess top talent for assigned business areas. You will also execute a strategic recruiting plan and provide an engaging and positive experience for hiring managers and candidates throughout the recruitment lifecycle.
What you’ll do:
- Learn and understand the strategic priorities and talent strategy for assigned business groups and develop a strong business acumen.
- Build and maintain key stakeholder relationships throughout the client business groups.
- Understand data trends (i.e. labor market supply/demand, workforce trends, Schwab’s employment brand position) to consult with business leaders & HRBPs.
- Consult with hiring managers to clearly understand their short and long-term staffing needs and provide insight into the current labor market.
- Assist managers in writing accurate and effective job postings.
- Consult with hiring managers to help them make optimal hiring decisions.
- Work with hiring managers to craft competitive offer packages and seek required approvals.
- Actively partner with the Sourcing, Talent Attraction Programs and Centralized Admin/Process teams to support business needs.
- Promote Schwab at job fairs, campus recruiting, and community & diversity events as needed.
- Pre-screen potential candidates and provide accurate information about the job opportunity, the organization, and the Schwab culture.
- Deliver a qualified diverse slate of talent for all positions.
- Negotiate job offers with candidates.
- Deliver recruiting process excellence by following internal policies and procedures, accurately tracking &/or reporting metrics, and by being compliant with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- Coach hiring managers and interviewers on effective and legal interviewing practices.
- Compile interview team feedback after each candidate interview.
- Maintain up-to-date candidate records.
- Provide a positive experience for hiring managers and candidates.
What you have:
- 5 years full cycle recruiting or combined recruiting and HR experience in a corporate environment preferred.
- Strong background in consultative recruiting
- Working knowledge of best-in-class practices including proactive sourcing, pipeline management, qualifying candidates, networking, talent assessment, market research and job analysis
- Working knowledge of competency-based interviewing and assessment techniques
- Knowledge of US federal, state and local employment laws
- Strong business acumen of the assigned business area
- Demonstrated experience utilizing project management skills
- Highly skilled in conducting behavioral and competency based interviews and assessments
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent candidate conversion skills, including excellent marketing & selling of Schwab as an employer of choice, as well as the specific opportunity
- Excellent problem-solving and consulting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to influence, gain creditability, and build strong relationships with hiring managers and candidates
- Ability to proactively recruit top talent by networking and build long term relationships with prospective candidates
- Ability to deliver effective presentations
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to manage a workload of 17+ requisitions at a time (depending upon complexity, volume hiring will be higher - 25+)
- BS/BA degree in Human Resources or related field is strongly preferred or relevant experience
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Influencing Others: The ability to gain others’ support for ideas, proposals, projects and solutions
- Diagnostic Information Gathering: Identifying the information needed to clarify a situation, seeking that info, and using skillful questioning to draw out the information
- Building Collaborative Relationships: The ability to develop, maintain & strengthen partnerships with others who can provide info, assistance and support
- Strategic Thinking: Analyzing an organization’s competitive position and developing a clear & compelling vision of what the organization needs for success in the future
- Business Acumen: Having direct knowledge of client business operations & strategy and being able to understand how the external labor market and HR practices interact to impact organizational performance.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Human Resources-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, TX - Westlake, AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Wednesday, February 7, 2018
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018