Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Curtis A Crawford
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab Advisor Services, a division of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is the leading provider of custody, trading, technology and practice management to registered independent advisory firms (RIAs). It provides access to sophisticated wealth-management services that help advisors attract and retain affluent clients, as well as profitably grow, compete and succeed in their business efforts. Schwab Advisor Services serves over 7,000 independent advisory firms who custody approximately $1 trillion of assets with Schwab.
The Business Consulting & Education (BCE) team creates and delivers high-quality, industry-leading consulting, education, and talent programs that help advisors better manage their businesses in addition to helping them plan and prepare for the future. The key to the team’s success lies in its ability to create highly relevant and scalable programs that turn practice management insights into actionable plans that advisors can implement in their firms. These programs are delivered by a nationwide team of experienced consultants who work closely with prospects, advisors and their Schwab relationship managers to understand a firm’s challenges and areas of opportunity, and then map a path forward.
Programs developed and managed by Business Consulting & Education include the annual Charles Schwab RIA Benchmarking Study, immersive multi-week ‘Insight to Action’ consulting programs, the Schwab Executive Leadership Program, Schwab Advisor University, SOLUTIONS® conferences, Business Start-up Consulting, RIA Talent Advantage, and the Cybersecurity Resource Center. The BCE team also produces white papers on a range of practice management issues in addition to creating resources to help advisors navigate compliance requirements.
What You'll Do:
The Executive Leadership Program Director will be responsible for delivering educational content and providing executive coaching to participants enrolled in the Schwab Executive Leadership Program. This award-winning program of personal and professional growth is designed to prepare promising leaders to manage and grow RIA firms. Combining courses featuring academic curricula and faculty from some of the nation’s top graduate schools, live and virtual instruction, peer interaction and discussion, and one-on-one executive coaching, the Schwab Executive Leadership Program equips participants to transition more successfully from employee to entrepreneur. The program’s curriculum focuses on what it takes to successfully lead and operate a small business, including courses on leadership, innovation, talent management, marketing, and entrepreneurship. Content is delivered through in-person workshop and educational events, interactive guided online learning, live webcasts, and through one-on-one coaching meetings.
The Executive Leadership Program Director will be responsible for learning all program content and supporting the overall program delivery. This includes:
- Presenting content at multi-day in-person workshops
- Teaching curriculum and guiding participants through the learning process
- Helping participants understand concepts, develop skills, and implement learnings
- Connecting course concepts to real-world application in the RIA industry and in participants’ individual firms
- Facilitating meaningful and engaging discussions among participants during live classes and via online discussion forums
- Encouraging all participants to complete coursework and assignments while tracking participant activity in the online social learning environment
- Presenting and facilitating during live weekly classes via webcast (at certain parts of the program)
- Providing one-on-one executive leadership coaching
The Executive Leadership Program Director will work closely with the Business Consulting & Education team to identify and implement improvements to the program over time so that we deliver on our goal of providing the highest quality programs to our clients. This individual will assist the core Executive Leadership Program Team in determining ways to deliver program content to a larger audience of clients over time, including identification of new and existing content to feature as well as recommendations on delivery methods. The individual in this role must be able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with cross-functional team members. Some business travel is required.
What You Have:
The ideal candidate for the Executive Leadership Program Director position will possess the following capabilities:
- Strong interpersonal and client relationship skills
- Well‐developed presentation skills; comfort presenting to senior executives (both internal and external to Schwab)
- Active listening and facilitation skills with demonstrated ability to synthesize input and develop observations and conclusions quickly
- Ability to teach and help participants learn curriculum, new behaviors and skills, and implement change in their firms
- Analytical problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Confidence and capacity for thought leadership
- Ability to execute on program goals while adhering to program timeline, thus ensuring a seamless participant experience
- A ‘can do’, results‐oriented approach to business, and the ability to reprioritize work and activate quickly in the face of changing circumstances
- An MBA and/or a clear understanding of business fundamentals and the RIA industry
- Experience serving the financial services industry or RIA market required
- International Coaching Federation accredited credential or the like preferred but not required
Critical Success Factors
- Leadership and relationship building: Has the ability to establish credibility and rapport. Builds trust with others and inspires confidence.
- Communication: Ability to communicate in a variety of mediums (written, presentation, verbal). Can clearly distill information in an easy–to-understand way. Solicits and values feedback. Helps others learn and implement concepts.
- Intelligence: Learns quickly. Has intellectual curiosity and capacity to understand complicated topics and concepts. Analyzes issues and thinks through connections, impacts, and risks to business. Can synthesize complex information to draw conclusions, recommendations, and a point of view.
- Influence: Has ability to influence at all levels, including at least two levels above, when opportunities present themselves. Able to effectively lead and facilitate meetings with RIA firm principals and executives. Completes all associated follow-up needed to inspire action.
- Flexibility: Exhibits adaptability and resiliency while maintaining focus on desired outcomes. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Commitment to quality: Has high standards and expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best. Committed to continuous improvement and outstanding work product.
- Teamwork: Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship. Helps create an environment where every team member is able to do their best work.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Education/Training-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix, CO - Lone Tree, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Tuesday, February 6, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 31, 2018