Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Axle J Marcoline
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM), the asset management arm of Charles Schwab Corporation (Schwab), has approximately $320 billion in assets under management (AUM) and is one of the nation’s largest retail money managers. CSIM provides a wide variety of products ranging from money market funds, index mutual funds, actively managed mutual funds, exchange traded funds and asset allocation fund-of-funds. As a provider of core investment products, CSIM is both an important enabler in fulfilling Schwab’s mission of helping everyone be financially fit and a critical engine in the company’s profitability and growth.
The Sr. Specialist role will be an individual contributor position providing coordination, logistical and administrative support to the Management Initiatives office. It will report directly to CSIM’s Management Initiatives leader. The role will be based in our Lone Tree, Co. location with limited travel when necessary.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinates logistics for events, programs and special projects sponsored by senior leaders.
- Collaborates with corporate real estate partners and maintain seat maps for CSIM locations.
- Coordinates and provides logistical support for all-company meetings.
- Prepares and coordinates materials for meetings.
- Establishes schedules, sends communications, monitors attendance and reports metrics.
- Administers internal mailbox and website and responds to employee and/or vendor questions.
- Serves as a liaison with employees, business partners and vendors and leaders.
- Invoice processing and budget tracking, working with Vendor Management and Accounts Payable.
- Additional projects and tasks as assigned and/or identified.
What you have:
Strongly desired background and skills:
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills for interfacing with employees at all levels of the organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational, analytical and time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to remain flexible to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to work independently yet collaboratively with openness and receptivity to feedback
- Ability to use basic office technology (PC, copier, printer, etc.)
- Proactive, self-starter
Desired background and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Financial Services or related industry experience is preferred
- Microsoft office skills
- Experience in managing contractual relationships with vendors and consultants
- Experience with expense management, control and monitoring of budgeting
- Advanced PowerPoint skills, and strong Word and Excel skills
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Administrative Support-6+ yrs, Investment Management - 6+ yrs, Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Category:Investment Management & Research
Activation Date: Tuesday, February 6, 2018
Expiration Date: Wednesday, March 14, 2018