Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Through Clients’ Eyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkic76FWat8
Corporate Operational Risk Management (COR), which is a part of Corporate Risk Management (CRM). CRM provides an integrated risk management strategy that supports delivery of predictable financial and operational performance in order to produce successful client and shareholder outcomes. The COR team is responsible for assisting business unit management with the assessment of operational risks at the business unit level and for providing guidance on the process used for the assessment, monitoring and management of risk.
This position will support the operational risk management activities of the Liaison team supporting the following business partner groups: Human Resources, Legal and Corporate Risk Management. The incumbent will work with business partners and Operational Risk leadership to oversee key risks; evaluate loss events; maintain key risk profiles; provide education on the SIRIS application and other framework elements; evaluate Risk and Control Self Assessments (RCSA); and present risk data to business line management. The incumbent will also help support the Operational Risk Liaison Center of Excellence team in seeking continuous improvement and efficiency in the operational risk processes.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee the operational risk data provided by business units for use in risk identifying, assessing and monitoring operational risk activities
- Partner with Business Unit (BU) management to identify, assess, monitor and control their businesses existing and emerging operational risk
- Challenge the effectiveness of the BU’s risk response
- Oversee and challenge the content of BU produced materials in support of the ORM Framework
- Oversee the escalation of operational risk issues in accordance with the Corporate Risk Assessment Policy
- Oversee and challenge the design, implementation, and maintenance of businesses’ processes and controls to manage the risks that the organization is exposed
- Provide advice and guidance to BU managers regarding risk and the design of controls
- Collaborate and coordinate across the Corporate Operational Risk Team and other Liaisons to achieve alignment of activities and continuous improvement
- Review the execution of all risk framework components from a continuous improvement standpoint
What you have:
- 3+ years of experience in operational risk management, audit or similar role
- Risk management principles, methodologies and tools, and governance principles and activity in a financial services environment
- Independent judgment with strong analytical and risk assessment skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with proven ability in communicating with upper levels of management
- Self-motivated, able to bring projects and reporting to conclusion
- Strong interpersonal skills/ability to develop relationships with peers in business unit and central risk management groups
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Banking-6+ yrs, Risk Analysis, Banking-2-5 yrs, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Tuesday, February 6, 2018
Expiration Date: Friday, March 16, 2018