Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Anthony Jason Pacheco
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
As part of the Corporate Controller’s Department, the Bank Regulatory Reporting group is responsible for the preparation and filing of all required financial reporting to Bank regulators including the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), Federal Reserve Board (FRB), and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). Reports include annual, quarterly, monthly and weekly reports including the Call Report, FR Y-9C, FR Y-9LP, DFAST 14A, FR Y-14A,Q, and M, FR Y-2900, FR Y-8 and FR Y-6. Reports are filed for Charles Schwab Bank and for The Charles Schwab Corporation (Savings and Loan Holding Company).
What you’ll do:
- Participate in a team approached process of preparing required regulatory financial reports
- Reading and interpreting regulatory guidance and instructions
- Preparing draft reports with detailed supporting work papers
- Assist in reviewing drafts and work papers of other team members
- Support internal audits and regulatory examinations
- Other ad hoc requests and projects as needed
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5+ years GAAP accounting experience, including specific experience with financial reporting
- Relevant bank or financial services experience a plus
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid Excel working knowledge
- Experience with Axiom SL/Controllerview software a plus
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Tuesday, February 6, 2018
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018