Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Curtis A Crawford
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab Advisor Services, a division of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is the leading provider of custody, trading, technology and practice management to registered investment advisors (RIAs). It provides access to sophisticated wealth-management services that help advisors attract and retain affluent clients, as well as profitably grow, compete and succeed in their business efforts. Schwab Advisor Services serves over 7,000 independent advisory firms who custody approximately $1 trillion of assets with Schwab.
The Business Consulting Services (BCS) team creates and delivers high-quality, industry-leading consulting and education programs that help advisors better manage their businesses in addition to helping them plan and prepare for the future. The key to the team’s success lies in its ability to create highly relevant and scalable programs that turn practice management insights into actionable plans that advisors can implement in their firms. These programs are delivered by a nationwide team of experienced consultants who work closely with advisors and their Schwab relationship managers to understand the firm’s challenges and areas of opportunity, and then map a path forward.
Programs developed and managed by BCS include the annual Charles Schwab RIA Benchmarking Study, immersive multi-week ‘Insight to Action’ consulting programs, the Schwab Executive Leadership Program, Schwab Advisor University, SOLUTIONS® conferences, and the RIA Intern Program. The BCS team also produces white papers on a range of practice management issues in addition to creating resources to help advisors navigate compliance requirements.
What you’ll do:
As a key contributor of the Schwab Advisor Services BCS organization, the qualified candidate will be part of a team that conducts industry leading quantitative financial research and analysis RIAs that custody with Schwab. This individual will support the program management of Schwab’s annual RIA Benchmarking Study which includes collection, review, and handling of large amounts of data. This individual will be responsible for translating business requirements into technical criteria and translating technical criteria into business terms. This role will help ensure the quality of the study web application, of the data that is collected, and of the results that are delivered to clients and internal stakeholders. The candidate will produce documentation and support marketing communications efforts. This role will also support data analysis and help identify trends and report key results and findings internally and externally.
The candidate will also be required to provide support to advisors as they complete the survey and to internal business partners wanting to leverage survey results. This role often partners with other functions within Advisor Services, and so the ability to work collaboratively with others is a must. Key business partners within and outside of BCS include the Business and Technology Consultants, Schwab Sales Team, Marketing, Field Marketing and Analytics & Business Insights.
A successful candidate will have a strong blend of program/product management, financial and data analysis, and technical business requirements.
What you have:
The ideal candidate will possess the following capabilities:
- 5-7 years of relevant experience, with 3 years within financial services
- Program and project management experience
- Data analysis and reporting experience
- Ability to think critically and set strategic direction, including ability to identify initiatives and execute program to meet strategic objectives
- High attention to detail and experience with rigorous quality control approaches with a focus on accuracy, and an eye for continuous improvement
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel including writing/modifying macros and strong knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe PDF required
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication a must
- Possess confidence, diplomacy, and strong interpersonal skills
- Team player with strong work ethic and high sense of urgency who is able to work well alone as well as with others on any given project/assignment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related work experience highly desirable
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Marketing-6+ yrs, Analyst/Strategy-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix, CO - Lone Tree, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Tuesday, February 6, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, February 24, 2018