San Francisco - CA, SF100PST, 100 Post Street, 94108-4702
Ami Nicole Arroyo
Schwab Branch Network – San Francisco Peninsula
Are you interested in learning more about Charles Schwab’s culture and what it’s like to work with our Branch Network? Are you interested in learning more about the specific positions?
We invite you to submit your interest for our Career Networking Event at one of our San Francisco, CA locations on Thursday, March 22nd from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
At this event, you will:
- Learn firsthand from our local employees about the opportunities and rewards of being Schwabbie.
- Learn more about our Branch Network and how we work with our diverse client base.
- Learn more about Charles Schwab’s inclusive culture.
- Have your questions answered about training, career development and the recruitment process.
- Enjoy meaningful networking time with the Schwab team.
- Potential to interview on site
By applying to this specific posting, you are expressing your interest in attending our event. All resumes will be reviewed and evaluated based on the required qualifications of each branch role. Personal invitations will be extended to those meeting the requirements. Invitations will include all event details.
The last day to express interest will be 03/21/2018
More information about our Branch Network opportunities:
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Vice President, Branch Manager / Assistant Branch Manager
Our branch network is part of the broader Investor Services organization and is primarily responsible for helping individuals and families with their financial needs, including retirement planning, charitable giving, estate planning, active investing or managing banking and lending needs. In more than 300 branch offices in 45 U.S. states, you'll find Branch Managers leading and coaching their teams as they work directly with our clients to achieve that common goal.
What you’ll do:
Charles Schwab Branch Managers have responsibility for increasing the branch office’s revenues while expanding the client base. In this position, you will work closely with your team of Financial Consultants (FC), and Associate Financial Consultants (AFC) both in implementing firm wide sales strategies and in developing strategies at the local level.
Unlike no other job at Charles Schwab, the Branch Manager is the most critical role at the local market level, providing the service, advice, and leadership that have made us the force we are today.
A typical day would include sales coaching and sales process management, development of branch team with effective training and performance management, client presentations with your sales team, analysis of performance data for trends and actions, interviewing prospective employees, collaborating with business partners sharing of best practices and performing the compliance and administrative tasks inherent in our industry.
We believe that our values have helped us to build both a successful business model and an outstanding work environment. We value teamwork, integrity, service, open communication, and perseverance. If you want to work at a firm that truly values your contributions, consider a career at Charles Schwab.
VP, Financial Consultant
As a Schwab Financial Consultant, you’ll need an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for building a growing practice focused on client needs. If you are looking to build relationships with your clients by listening to their goals and providing objective advice and solutions that are clear, relevant, and actionable, you may be ready for a career worth owning.
Schwab Financial Consultants:
- Are launched with a practice of existing Schwab clients that they build upon with the full backing, support, and extensive resources of Schwab.
- Are compensated for the solutions and value they deliver to clients.
- Partner with specialists across the company who help them achieve their personal and professional goals, which are always set high and client-focused.
What you'll do:
The Financial Consultant position is part of our Branch Network, which is responsible for providing wealth management and financial planning advice to individuals and families. Managing wealth on behalf of our clients may include: retirement planning, education planning, investment management, and estate planning, as well as partnering with specialists to offer banking, insurance, and lending solutions. In this capacity, the Financial Consultant is responsible for providing an exceptional investor experience for clients with more than $250,000 in assets. Financial Consultants also focus on developing referrals as well as increasing net asset flow and offering advised solutions.
Financial Consultant Partner
This position is part of the Branch Network which is primarily responsible for providing Wealth Management to individuals and families to meet their financial needs. In partnership with the Sr. Financial Consultant (FC), the Financial Consultant Partner will support the growth and management of an affluent wealth management practice. This includes servicing clients, growing client relationships, and delivering advice with the practice clients of the Sr. Financial Consultant. The Financial Consultant Partner will help grow the practice by partnering with their Sr. FC to pursue business development opportunities.
What you’ll do:
As a Financial Consultant Partner at Charles Schwab, you will operate in a team-based model partnered with one to three Sr. Financial Consultants. In a team-based model, tasks can be completed as directed by your Sr. Financial Consultant(s), in partnership with, or independently with check-ins:
- Provide direct, dedicated support for Sr. Financial Consultant(s) and their practice clients.
- Interface with existing practice clients via inbound, proactive and follow-up phone calls, and email as well as face to face interactions.
- Deepen new and existing client relationships by proactively and reactively uncovering additional business development opportunities and in partnership with your Sr. Financial Consultant(s) to close the business.
- Set and prepare for appointments, e.g., review planning status, life events, suitability updates.
- Manage and perform activities in preparation for, and following, client appointments with designated Sr. Financial Consultant(s).
- Manage local event administration including venue identification, scheduling, contract negotiation, invitation creation, attendance confirmation, development of client presentations, and follow-up post-event with clients and prospects.
Client Relationship Specialist
Our branch network is part of the broader Investor Services organization and is primarily responsible for helping individuals and families with their financial needs. Whether it’s retirement planning, charitable giving, estate planning, active investing or managing banking and lending needs, Investor Services can help.
What you’ll do:
Building strong, personal relationships with our clients is a key component of our business strategy.
Our Client Relationship Specialists will pursue this mission through:
- Greeting our clients and prospects as they arrive at the branch
- Delivering unparalleled value, outstanding service and providing a positive client experience
- Assisting the Branch Manager and sales staff with meeting our client's needs
We are looking for people with a passion for helping clients. You will be responsible for:
- Receiving checks and or security deposits, check disbursements and new account processing
- Proactively uncovering additional business development opportunities
- Scheduling clients with an Associate Financial Consultant and/or Financial Consultant for further consultation
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab’s hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 66, FINRA Series 63, Life Insurance, FINRA Series 10, FINRA Series 7, FINRA Series 9
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Business Development and Sales-2-5 yrs, Customer Service-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Banking-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Monday, February 5, 2018
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 22, 2018