Phoenix - AZ, PHX4750A, 4750 E Francisco, 85044-5359
Michelle Lynn Huber
Since day one, Schwab has set out to challenge the status quo, looking for ways to offer our clients more value and a better experience. Our modern approach to wealth management can help our clients take ownership of their financial futures. WE BELIEVE in the power of investing, which helps turn earners into owners. WE ARE champions of investors and look at the world through our clients’ eyes. WE OFFER investors a contemporary, full-service approach to build and manage their wealth. This is how we help investors, advisors, employers, and employees take ownership of their futures.
YOUR AMBITION CAN TAKE YOU TO A BETTER PLACE.
As a Schwab Financial Consultant, you’ll need an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for building a growing practice focused on client needs. If you are looking to build relationships with your clients by listening to their goals and providing objective advice and solutions that are clear, relevant, and actionable, you may be ready for a career worth owning.
Our National Branch is part of the broader branch network within the Investor Services organization. We have a unique opportunity to assist clients who don’t live within close proximity to a physical branch. We also cater to clients who prefer to conduct business over the phone, as meetings are held either over the phone or by video conference technology. Our primary responsibility is to help individuals and families with their financial needs. Whether it’s retirement planning, charitable giving, estate planning, active investing or managing banking and lending needs, Investor Services can help.
To learn more about our client offerings visit: Charles Schwab - Investor Services
What you’ll do:
The VP, Financial Consultant will proactively grow an affluent wealth management practice and work with clients to determine appropriate solution strategies and service to deepen relationships. Financial Consultants will develop and execute a business plan to generate new clients. The Financial Consultants help the firm grow and are responsible for providing planning-based wealth management for clients with more than $250,000 in assets.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Practice a consultative, planning-based wealth management approach to best assess and find appropriate solutions to meet client’s needs.
- Utilize expertise and knowledge of the securities industry and markets to analyze and interpret client’s investment objectives and provide investment advice suited to meet their needs.
- Increase branch/brand awareness by soliciting referrals and leveraging relationships with centers of influence.
- Execute a consistent client relationship management process that delights clients, drives referrals, and retains clients at Schwab for life.
- Engage with clients to inspire a level of trust that increases retention, client promoter scores and positive feedback
- Leverage existing relationship resources (i.e. planning tools, etc.) to deepen and retain client relationships.
- Build relationships with key business partners and connect with others across the firm to drive results and provide the best client experience.
Schwab Financial Consultants receive a total compensation package which includes a competitive base salary and incentive structure derived by each individual Financial Consultant’s performance and business development.
To learn more about the culture at Schwab, click here to meet our people.
What you have:
Required minimum skills and qualifications are:
- Must have a skill for developing relationships and self-sourcing new to firm clients while maintaining existing relationships
- A minimum of four years’ financial services experience working with retail clients, with proven success in providing advice and consultation, and in managing, developing, and expanding client relationships
- Results driven, highly motivated self-starter who demonstrates a proven track record for client acquisition and closing the business
- Must have strong desire for performance-driven compensation and growing earnings potential
- Must have a strong connection to community, identifying and capitalizing on existing networks and relationships
- Must have prior experience demonstrating self-motivation and entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong verbal communication skills including the ability to make presentations to variousaudiences
- Demonstrated ability to identify crucial events in clients’ lives with the proficiency to leverage this skill to consolidate and retain assets
Education, Licenses, and Designations
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Validand active Series 7 license is required
- Validand active Series 66 (63/65) license is required (may be obtained within a 90 day condition of employment)
- Validand active Life and Health Insurance license is required (may be obtained within a 120 day condition of employment)
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) certification is preferred
Pursuant to SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the NMLS registry system and remain in good standing. You will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Brokerage Products: Not FDIC-Insured • No Bank Guarantee • May Lose Value
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
The Charles Schwab Corporation provides a full range of securities, brokerage, banking, money management, and financial advisory services through its operating subsidiaries. Its broker-dealer subsidiary, Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (“Schwab”), Member SIPC, offers investment services and products, including Schwab brokerage accounts. Its banking subsidiary, Charles Schwab Bank (Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender), provides deposit and lending services and products.
For additional information and disclosure, please visit: http://www.aboutschwab.com/social-media-at-schwab.
©2016 Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. All rights reserved. Unauthorized access is prohibited. Usage will be monitored. (1116-3592)
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 66, Life Insurance, FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Business Development and Sales-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Banking-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Monday, February 5, 2018
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018