Chicago - IL, IL150SW, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
Axle J Marcoline
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Schwab Equity Ratings Department is a quant team located in Chicago which primarily focuses on domestic and international equity models. The DevOps Engineer position is part of the Schwab Equity Ratings Department’s Operations Team. The team’s primary objective is to ensure reliable model executions and dependable research data. In order to ensure reliable execution and dependable data, the DevOps Engineer will assist the team in refining Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) approaches that fit within the confines of our model governance structure.
What you’ll do:
The DevOps Engineer will work with other developers in programming languages of R and MongoDB to build a production pipeline of test automations and deployments of model controls, models, and source data changes. The engineer will also assist in release management and collaboration with a technology team counterpart called Advice Technology. A successful candidate will possess CI/CD experience and have a working knowledge of a statistical programming language such as R, Python, Matlab, or SAS. This position is based in our 150 S. Wacker Dr. Chicago office location. Occasional weekend work is required, typically no more than 30 minutes to an hour of time, with overtime compensation. The DevOps Engineer responsibilities will expand over the course of time to encompass the following attributes:
- Ability to wear multiple hats as the situation demands; you may have to act as Release Manager, Lead Technician, or Technical Project Manager
- Analyze and resolve application configuration management issues in production and test environments
- Assist developers with robust unit/component tests and commit/build and deploy CI/CD test automation as needed
- Become a subject-matter expert for a wide subset of tools, including the Atlassian stack (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Crowd, Zephyr/ZAPI, HipChat, GIT, Splunk) and communicate key concepts with the rest of the team and other stakeholders.
- Assist in leading change ticket walkthroughs to ensure accuracy of application change activities and mitigate risk
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, release notes etc.
- Develop methods and procedures to create automation test data and data refresh capabilities, configuration deployment, installation of builds using tools such as Bamboo or shell scripts (Bash, PowerShell etc.)
- Responsibility for ongoing, continuous improvement in testing efficiency and effectiveness through the use of innovative QA practices and tools, and close collaboration with the development and business organizations
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree required. A degree in computer science, mathematics or related quantitative field highly preferred.
- Passion for building solutions through automation, driven by innovation and commitment to lifelong learning
- Passion for research, investing and for helping investors to make better investment decisions a plus
- Experience with databases (MongoDB, SQL ) is a plus
- Experience with Git, JIRA and related Atlassian stack
- Familiarity with logging/application monitoring tools (Splunk) is a plus
- Strong knowledge of Test Automation Frameworks
- Strong programming, debugging/troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and presentation skills to influence and build consensus among your team members and senior leadership
- Ability to define deployment plans, identify deployment dependencies and define deployment timelines for releases
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within teams
- Experience in Operational Support and DevOps technologies
- Solid systems administration understanding of Linux
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, professionalism and strong work ethic with high level of integrity
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Investment Management - 6+ yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago
Category:Investment Management & Research
Activation Date: Monday, February 5, 2018
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 8, 2018