Phoenix - AZ, PHX8040, 8040 South 48th Street, 85044
Erika Jessica Pullem
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
In Advisor Services (AS) we have built our business on serving the needs of RIAs and advancing an industry that helps the advisor and their clients thrive. We understand their needs, and work side by side providing them the support to help them manage their firm and meet their goals. In Core, our mission is to be the premier service provider for emerging Advisors in the industry.
Reporting to the Vice President of Core Custody Solutions, the Managing Director of AS Core Account Management will provide leadership and coaching to AS Core Account Managers, as well as manage client relationships with emerging Advisors while actively pursuing opportunities to grow market share and improve the segment’s level of profitability. The Managing Director will be responsible for all general business activities and leadership of the AS Core Account Management function.
What you’ll do:
- Motivate and coach direct reports through all stages of the AS Core Account Management process
- Actively Contribute in the development and execution of our strategy to create an industry-leading and scalable advisor experience of the Core segment with a focus on growing market share
- Work with leadership to provide additional enhancements, training materials, and resources to support direct reports in providing an optimal advisor client experience
- Maintain a strong band of communication between internal business partners and leaders
- Stay abreast of competitive offerings in the industry and how it impacts Schwab’s market share within our segment
- Anticipate client issues and problems and proactively take necessary steps to prevent such problems from occurring while effectively coordinating with other AS departments
- Lead with a superior understanding of features and benefits of Schwab tools, products, and services in order to encourage adoption and provide scale to the segment
What you have:
- Leadership qualities that inspire and influence employees and business partners
- Excellent relationship management skills including collaborating, influencing and negotiating. Demonstrated ability to problem solve, interact with individuals at various levels, and think on your feet
- Ability to design, analyze and implement creative solutions to complex problems
- Attributes of an entrepreneurial self-starter and have a proven ability to deliver excellent client service with the ability to anticipate and resolve problems under your own initiative
- Willingness to own problem resolution through its completion
- Experience developing, leading and executing projects
- Superior communication, presentation, interpersonal and listening skills
- Passion for ideation, professionalism, positivity and strong work ethic with a high level of integrity and teamwork.
- In-depth knowledge of Advisor Services products, services, marketing resources, sales materials as well as demonstrated brokerage industry knowledge
- Flexibility to travel for client events
- FINRA Series 7, 63, 24 licenses (S24 can be condition of employment)
- 5-7 years of financial services industry and relationship management experience
- 2-4 years of management experience strongly preferred
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 24, FINRA Series 63, FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Project Management-2-5 yrs, Business Development and Sales-6+ yrs, Business Development and Sales-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs, Brokerage Operations-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Monday, February 5, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, February 24, 2018