Phoenix - AZ, PHX4701B, 4701 E Francisco Dr, 85044-5365
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Service Assurance Engineering’s vision and purpose center a round engineering and operating ultra-scalable, highly reliable software systems and infrastructure designed to provide our clients the products and services that enable them to effectively manage their finances and achieve their financial goals.
The Scrum Master will be part of a highly technical team responsible for driving the development of the next generation of our operational capabilities for legacy, cloud, and future generations of technology. This team will develop strategies, design and engineer solutions, perform in-depth technical evaluations, and provide assistance to other technology teams when required. They will also develop and administer strategies to ensure availability, reliability, quality, and lean operations aligning to agile teams as they deliver products for release into production.
- We inspire a culture of trust and transparency
- We capitalize on opportunities for improvement (especially automation).
- We strive to continuously improve, measuring and refining as we go, letting metrics guide our motivation.
- Promote a Winning attitude. We strive to always beat yesterday.
- Action and accountability driven
- We communicate openly, clearly, and timely with humility, as we know this is the key to credibility.
- The team knows how it fits with its partners, and the impact that it has across Schwab. We refuse to let our partners fail.
- We are empowered to speak up and say what needs to be said; we have the authority to do the right things for Schwab.
- We are retrospective and learn from our experiences.
What you’ll do:
- The Scrum Master provides effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership and coaching skills supporting the teams with agile process and delivery.
- As an agile expert, the Scrum Master will be responsible for enforcing the agile tenants as interpreted by our team, removing impediments and promoting empowerment.
- The Scrum Master position is highly responsible and accountable, and will challenge the teams to both adopt and improve agile best practices in the group.
- This position requires a high level technical understanding of software development and technology; support agile based SDLC for software development while ensuring necessary standards, tools and best practices are clearly documented and adopted, and participates and support development and delivery.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Transforming and transitioning a traditional Infrastructure & Operations team over to Agile methodology.
- Execute on Scrum Master Responsibilities that include organizing and facilitating daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress, maintain process documentation.
- Ensure that the teams are practicing/following core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on Backlogs; Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice; Support Managers and Tech Leads as necessary.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and information sharing.
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition; Identify and remove impediments; prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goal; Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution.
- Empower the teams to self-organize; improve the productivity of the teams; ensure that the team strives to make each increment of functionality potentially shippable
What you have:
- Must be a Certified Scrum Master 7-10+ years of technology experience, preferably in a lead role 7+ years of BPM tools and workflow design experience
- Experience with both Kanban and Scrum methodologies Experience with Software Development skills: JAVA, C#, .NET, SQL is preferable
- Experience using Atlassian Tools
- Must be an excellent team leader with the ability to influence and negotiate
- Experience in coaching and leading teams new to Agile Experience with teams performing new development while simultaneously supporting production applications
- Experience with communicating status and providing updates to executive level management
- Experience with negotiating prioritization between Product Owners and Technical leadership
- Experience working with agile methodology on large scale, technically complex projects for a large enterprise
- Highly adaptable to a constantly changing environment
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse and a geographically dispersed teams
- Must be self-motivated, as well as, creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Must be collaborative in driving decisions and able to deal with all levels of management and stakeholders.
What you’ll get:
• Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
• Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
• Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
• Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
• Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Change Management/Release Management-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Monday, February 5, 2018
Expiration Date: Sunday, July 1, 2018