Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Axle J Marcoline
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM) is the asset management arm of the Charles Schwab Corporation, and has over $320 billion under management in mutual funds and ETFs. Products managed include a wide variety of active and indexed equity, fixed income, and asset allocation strategies, as well as money markets funds. CSIM uses a consistent and disciplined approach to investing across all our products and seeks to develop innovative new products to meet the core investing needs of our clients.
The CSIM Trade Operations Team (TOPS) provides control and oversight to the portfolio managers (PMs) & traders as it relates to the daily trade processing and settlements on behalf of the Schwab mutual fund and exchange traded fund (ETF) products. We hold ourselves to the highest of standards, and strive to create a strong functional atmosphere in which our PMs and Traders can focus solely on making effective decisions for our funds and our clients.
What you’ll do:
- Perform trade confirmation, transmission, and settlement
- Cash and position reconciliation
- Monitor corporate actions
- Identify, investigate and resolve trade, cash, and position issues
- Communicate with and monitor our external vendors (brokers, prime brokers, custodians, accountants, etc.) and internal partners
- Ensure data integrity and assist with system maintenance
- Network with senior personnel internally and externally to resolve issues, gain needed information, and influence outcomes for team
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; preferrably in Finance, Economics or Accounting
- 1-2 years of experience in financial operations preferred
- Familiarity with trading and settlement processes for equity, cash or fixed income instruments
- Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Require little instruction on day-to-day work in operational processes
- No prior licensing required
- Ability to identify and solve issues proactively and independently
- Strong communication, teamwork, and relationship building skills
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Investment Management - 2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Category:Investment Management & Research
Activation Date: Sunday, February 4, 2018
Expiration Date: Monday, March 19, 2018