Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Through Clients’ Eyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkic76FWat8
The Business Continuity & Incident Management (BCIM) organization is a part of Corporate Operational Risk Management (COR), which is a part of Corporate Risk Management (CRM). CRM provides an integrated risk management strategy that supports delivery of predictable financial and operational performance in order to produce successful client and shareholder outcomes. The COR team is responsible for assisting business unit management with the assessment of operational risks at the business unit level and for providing guidance on the process used for the assessment, monitoring and management of risk.
The Technology Resilience Oversight (TRO) Senior Manager reports into TRO Program Lead, within the Business Continuity & Incident Management (BCIM) organization. This position is responsible for working with the TRO Program Lead to establish, maintain, report on, and continuously mature the technology resilience 2nd line of defense risk oversight program. The Senior Manager position is an individual contributor role. Senior Manager will interact with more senior people within the organization in their role.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the Program Lead to establish, maintain, and mature the Technology Resilience Oversight roadmap and framework
- Partner with the Business Continuity and Technology teams to ensure sufficient alignment exists between program elements
- Assist with the development of standards, methodologies, templates and project plans for implementation of future TRO program elements
- Champion the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) program by: ensuring technology owners are properly assessing technology resilience risk in their environments, identifying breaks in the effectiveness of their controls, and mitigating discovered gaps
- Partner with other risk oversight functions, technology owners, and 1st line of defense risk managers to drive measurable and sustainable improvements within the control environment
- Provide an independent voice and effective challenge responsive to identified technology resilience risk, and the risk treatment of said findings
- Create, maintain, and report on Issues, Action Plans, Risks, and Controls within the IBM OpenPages Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) platform
- Assist in preparing regularly-scheduled and ad-hoc reports for management risk committees and other executives regarding status of risk treatment activities
- Oversee the Firm’s technology resilience testing programs, to include: combined testing, end-to-end testing, transaction processing, and scenario based table top exercises
- Partner with the Program Lead to define management reporting requirements and metrics, including risk appetite metrics
- Participate in strategic and tactical planning with 1st line of defense to mature the Firm’s resilience posture
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- CBCP, BCI, or similar certification preferred
- 5+ years experience in, and solid understanding of: Data Center Operations, Business Continuity Management, IT Service Continuity Management, IT Disaster Recovery, Service Level Management, High Availability Engineering, Operational Risk Management, Third Party Risk Management, Information Security, IT Risk/Control, and/or IT Audit domains, in a large enterprise environment
- Experience with Internal Audits, SSAE16, SOX, and/or regulatory assessments
- Understanding of control frameworks, industry standards, and regulatory guidance, including: ISO 27001, FFIEC, COBIT, ITIL, and/or NIST
- Understanding of benefits gained and challenges posed by public cloud infrastructure as it relates to the Firm’s resilience posture
- Familiarity and experience working within Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) platforms, ideally IBM OpenPages
- Ability to assess and effectively communicate the operational, technical, and financial impact of findings and control issues to executive and business leadership, using language that is relevant to and understandable by the business
- Broad, high-level understanding of the retail and institutional broker/dealer and banking industry, including technology, back-office operations, and servicing
- Ability to manage multiple efforts simultaneously across a large matrixed environment
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, IT-System Administration-6+ yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Regulatory, Banking-6+ yrs, Risk Analysis, IT-System Administration-2-5 yrs, Banking-2-5 yrs, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Friday, February 2, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018