San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
Keith Andrew Vogel
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Treasury Corporate Finance group performs the capital planning and balance sheet management for the Corporation and its subsidiaries. The group also leads capital markets projects, prepares analysis and policies on regulatory requirements, and maintains rating agency relationships. Treasury Corporate Finance is seeking a dynamic senior financial manager to play a key role in the company’s capital management, analysis, and reporting.
The Senior Treasury Manager reports to the Managing Director of Treasury Corporate Finance. This critical role involves management of corporate capital planning, analysis and recommendations to support an efficient capital structure, and execution of financing initiatives. This is a highly visible position with direct access to senior management and requires partnering with FP&A and Corporate Development. This position will play a key role in supporting Schwab’s growth.
What you’ll do:
- Review and manage capital forecasts for the Corporation and subsidiaries
- Monitor regulatory capital measures and other key ratios.
- Review capital reports and presentations for ALCO, senior and executive management, and Board of Directors.
- Works in partnership with FP&A, Corporate Development and Investor Relations to assess financing needs and analyzing alternatives for raising capital
- Assists Treasurer with evaluating capital and financing alternatives (e.g., senior notes, preferred/common equity) to optimize capital structure and cost of capital
- Manages financial compliance under credit and equity agreements
- Recommends, reports and advises on key financial metrics to senior management
- Ensures timely debt/preferred service and compliance for borrowing activities
- Supports Treasurer and Assistant Treasurer with other projects as required for new strategic initiatives, process improvements or technology development.
- Provides guidance and leadership to treasury analysts
- Engages as a key advisor to the finance organization
- Develops and maintains relationships with key internal business partners
- Monitor regulatory developments and final rulemaking.
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced financial degree a plus
- CFA, CPA or CTP strongly preferred
- At least five years treasury or finance experience, with two years of experience at an investment bank or bank holding company preferred
- A team-oriented individual with leadership and collaboration skills
- Initiative, integrity, and reliability in upholding and meeting deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Knowledge of corporate finance, banking regulatory and broker-dealer capital measures
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and communicate complex financial forecasts
- Strong interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to build cross-functional relationships and interact effectively with senior management
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Results driven and action oriented, able to motivate teams and direct resources
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A team player and leader by example; potential to move up in the organization
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||Certified Public Accountant - CPA
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Thursday, February 1, 2018
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018