Phoenix - AZ, PHX4750A, 4750 E Francisco, 85044-5359
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Banking & Trust Services (BTS) is the business enterprise within Schwab overseeing Charles Schwab Bank and the Charles Schwab trust companies. The BTS organization offers deposit, loan and trust products to Schwab clients who are looking for holistic wealth management solutions that complement their brokerage activities. The integrated banking and brokerage services represent the strong value proposition we offer our clients.
Charles Schwab Bank is a full-service bank that offers a range of competitive deposit and lending products. In 2003, we launched Schwab Bank as a bank for investors, and it has grown to be the 12th largest bank in the United States. Our goal is to offer a banking experience that complements the Schwab brokerage capabilities, providing banking products tailored to meet our clients’ unique needs as investors, all in one convenient location. Consistent with the brand, we offer exceptional client experience.
The Senior Manager, Regulatory Oversight Program is responsible for the development, management and execution of the Banking & Trust Services (BTS) Regulaory Oversight Program and exam/agency activities for the Bank Operations Oversight Service and Technology (BOOST) organization. The Sr. Manager, will provide a single point of contact to promote efficient communication and will coordinate the timely execution of BOOST’s regulatory exam deliverables.
Charles Schwab Bank follows the three lines of defense model of risk governance. The Sr. Manager, Regulatory Oversight Program is a first line of defense position for Charles Schwab Banking and Trust Services and assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as all applicable state and federal banking regulations in the context of their responsibilities.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the Regulatory Liaison Office and BTS leadership to ensure BOOST remains informed or regulatory activities and supports regulatory exams efficiently and accurately
- Develop and implement the BTS Regulatory Oversight Program to include:
- Identificaiton of BTS subject matter experts, roles and responsibilities
- Defining the program methodology: program components and elements, life cycle, tools and artifacts to ensure preparedness, accuracy and quality of regulatory interactions
- Designing materials to serve as exam evidence and establishing a repository of expertise to streamline processes
- Optimizing processes to ensure a positive regulatory exam experience and to gain efficiencies (storing and formatting of artifacts, management of competing requests, quality management)
- Developing criteria to set efficiency targets and measure level of effort and quality
- Implement reporting and tracking mechanisms and repeatable processes
- Coordinate BOOST response to audit and regulatory inquiries
- Gather necessary information from the RLO
- Maintain a regulatory interaction schedule and anticipate upcoming exam needs
- Coordinate subject matter experts and ensure timely resolution of audit/regulatory requests and issues assigned to BOOST
- Track and report on status of applicable audit/regulatory issues to Bank Management
- Other Essential Duties include:
- Assist Managing Director with special projects, analysis and problem solving
- Build strong relationships and partner with various departments across Banking and Trust Services, BOOST, Legal
- Participate and provide leadership in BOOST and Bank projects as needed
- This is an individual contributor role
What you have:
- 7+ years of experience in retail banking (may include service, fulfillment, operations, process, project, and management experience)
- 3+ years of experience in regulatory exam or audit management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Requires excellent time management skills, ability to juggle multiple competing priorities, with strength in identifying and implementing solutions to address critical needs
- Strong analytical skills, ability to research problems, determine root cause and solutions
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Superior written and verbal communication
- Ability to translate business needs into business requirements, and implement those requirements. Project management experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office Suite including demonstrated Power Point, Excel and Sharepoint skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to build strong relationships throughout the organization
- Demonstrated program development and management expertise
- Bachelors Degree required; Advanced degree preferred
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Regulatory, Banking-6+ yrs, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Thursday, February 1, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 3, 2018