Lone Tree - CO, DENR1, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Our business is driven by looking through our clients’ eyes, which makes Schwab a great place to practice true user-centered design. More on our Through Clients’ Eyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkic76FWat8
The User Experience and Design team is responsible for designing innovative, best-in-class solutions across mobile, web and desktop platforms. We are a multi-disciplinary group of user experience designers, visual designers, prototypers and researchers. We collaborate with business and technology partners across the enterprise to build software experiences our users’ are passionate about.
We are looking for a design visionary to help us craft the future of Schwab's digital platforms. We are on a journey to build the future of financial services. We help our clients plan for their future and they are passionate about the tools and experiences we provide.
Are you interested in designing products that impact millions of users and helping to shape the future of financial services? Are you passionate about designing elegant software systems? Are you a systems-level thinker that cares about the details? Do you instinctively grab a pen and start sketching conceptual models and ideate visually? We would love to talk to you about this role!
What you’ll do:
- Create the user experience vision for high-profile platforms -- promoting modern, elegant experiences
- Facilitate cross-functional design sessions including sketching and ideation
- Lead design reviews and drive decisions with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Effectively advocate design solutions to partners through design storytelling and by demonstrating trace-ability in the design thinking
- Visualize ideas in a clear form (sketch, diagram, wireframe or prototype) and provide appropriate level documentation
- Mentor and guide design team members
Design Expertise, Innovation and Execution
- Help craft the design vision for our high-visibility platforms by focusing on both design systems as well as the design details
- Create and contribute to the design standards set by the UX team
- Lead a design team in all design activities and review design deliverables
- Participate and support user research efforts
- Commitment to improving our process and methods with an emphasis on both effectiveness and efficiency
Teamwork, Collaboration and Engagement
- Build consensus with design, business and development partners to deliver work
- Strategically listen to feedback and help guide the delivery
- Set expectations with the project team and prioritize activities
- Create and maintain design schedules
- Communicate status and agreements with project team
- Passionate about team, our mission and the needs of our partners and users
Empathy & Curiosity
- Understand user needs, walking in their shoes when possible
- Focus on innovation and improvement
- Regularly learns more about design theory, practice and tools
Why your work matters:
- You help create delightful, best-in-class digital experiences for highly visible platforms, which serve millions of financial advisors and retail customers
- You will design for an engaged set of users who rely on our products to manage their financial lives, and achieve their financial goals
- You will work with an engaged design team that fosters a learning environment
What you have:
- 8-10+ years UX design
- 5-6+ years of team leadership, focused on digital products
- A passion for user experience innovation and a commitment to the craft of great design
- The ability to craft a product design vision and share it effectively with partners
- A systems-level design thinker that is able to focus on both the high-level strategy and is passionate about the details
- A history of successfully leading and inspiring design teams to create innovative products
- An online portfolio demonstrating your design process and thinking
- Experienced with all aspects of a user-centered design process, and a passion for improving design methods and tools.
- Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team within an iterative process and an Agile development methodology
- Comfortable with substantial responsibility, working directly with our client partners, and capable of managing design project schedules
- Expertise in running effective design sessions with cross-functional teams
- Strong relationship builder--ability to partner cross-functionally, cross-enterprise and work effectively with various levels of the organization
- Comfort in a project-oriented work environment, with a positive attitude and solid work ethic
- Proficient in design tools like Sketch, Omnigraffle, Axure
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab’s hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law and regulations applicable to Charles Schwab.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Project Management-6+ yrs, Product Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Thursday, February 1, 2018
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018