San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Our Culture: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkic76FWat8
Charles Schwab's Investor Services (IS) Strategy group is the internal strategy group for the retail business unit of the firm, which manages approximately 50% of the firm’s assets and generates over 70% of its revenue. The IS Strategy group is one of the main intake points for top-tier talent at Schwab, providing members with an unparalleled opportunity to work on the major strategic and operational issues confronting the business while gaining visibility among the firm's executive and senior leadership.
Reporting a Managing Director (MD) of IS Strategy, the Strategy Consultant role is charged with delivering thoughtful, insightful, high impact contributions across a range of “high-stakes” strategic projects. The Strategy Consultant works in a team setting and builds relationships with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels of the organization and across Schwab’s businesses. Project work will primarily focus on developing strategic insights that will drive sustained growth for Schwab. This role could be a Sr. Manager or Manager based on Candidates skill set.
The team is responsible for:
- Insights: Deliver world class strategic insights and recommendations
- Analysis: Conduct clear, consistent, fact-based analysis to inform key business decisions
- Prioritization: Drive the allocation of scarce resources to the highest value issues across Schwab
- Communication: Develop high impact presentations for key audiences, including the c-suite, Board, analyst community, and regulators
- Partnership: Cultivate strong relationships with business partners across the company to inform and align strategy work, and to actively support the transition from recommendation to execution
What you will gain:
- Opportunity to influence the key strategic decisions that are shaping the direction of the company
- Meaningful exposure to a wide range of business leaders and executives, including strong support for further career development at Schwab
- Further develop your “consulting toolkit” to drive structured problem solving, develop storyboards, and conduct robust analysis
- Learn how to balance “theory” and “practice” in adapting analysis and recommendations for the complexities of real world conditions, industry trends, competitor actions, and client behavior
- Develop credibility and rapport with key business partners as you learn about Schwab’s clients and businesses and develop a deeper understanding of the key business drivers
- Plan and execute work streams for large, complex projects, as well as take full ownership end-to-end for smaller projects
- Author and deliver high-impact presentations
- Synthesize large quantities of information to generate insights through both quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Develop and maintain perspective on strategic implications of key developments in the external environment, industry trends, and competitor actions
- Develop strong relationships across the firm and cultivate the team’s linkages with corporate development, financial planning, investor relations, and the broader strategy community at Schwab
What you have:
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in strategy required, preferably with a top-tier consulting firm or strategy group within a financial services firm
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA (if applicable) – we are seeking both pre-MBA and post-MBA candidates
- Superior analytical skills, creativity in problem solving, and attention to detail
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, with demonstrated ability developing materials and effectively presenting to executive audiences
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment
- Strong financial modeling skills and knowledge of financial/valuation concepts
- Expert user of PowerPoint and Excel
- Personally and professionally aligned with Schwab’s vision and values, and a strong interest in financial services
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab’s hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law and regulations applicable to Charles Schwab.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Product Development-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Wednesday, January 31, 2018
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018