Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Axle J Marcoline
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM), the asset management arm of Charles Schwab Corporation (Schwab), has approximately $320 billion in assets under management (AUM) and is one of the nation’s largest retail money managers. CSIM provides a wide variety of products ranging from money market funds, index mutual funds, actively managed mutual funds, exchange traded funds and asset allocation fund-of-funds. As a provider of core investment products, CSIM is both an important enabler in fulfilling Schwab’s mission of helping everyone be financially fit and a critical engine in the company’s profitability and growth.
Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM) seeks to recruit an investment professional to serve as an associate manager research analyst in its Lone Tree, Co. office. This individual will support investment research activities for all externally-managed or sub-advised strategies, including target date funds and asset allocation products, both for retail mutual funds and Collective Trust Funds, for approximately $18 billion in assets.
What you’ll do:
This role will assist a team of analysts with a variety of activities such as ongoing reporting, data analysis and verification, and gathering of quantitative and qualitative information from a variety of sources. This role will also assist in preparing committee presentations, documenting analysis, and coordinating other research projects as needed. This individual will work with internal departments on all aspects of the sub advised funds and act as the point of contact for issues related to current sub advisors. This position offers the opportunity to learn all aspects of manager research, across equity and fixed income asset classes, and take on increasing responsibility for pieces of the due diligence process.
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree required
- At least 3 years’ experience, preferably with investment manager and/or equity/fixed income research background.
- Advanced skills in Excel, including macros and visual basic. Experience with other programming languages such as R is a plus
- Significant experience with PowerPoint to create and modify presentations
- Strong written/verbal communication skills required
- Participating in CFA program or willingness to do so
- Required to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines with limited oversight.
- Familiarity with financial software such as: Bloomberg, FactSet, MorningStar Direct or eVestment Alliance is a plus
- Demonstrated a passionate interest and intellectual curiosity in the financial markets and investment management
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a great attitude and an ability to work collaboratively with our existing team and the broader organization.
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Investment Management - 2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree, CO - Denver
Category:Investment Management & Research
Activation Date: Wednesday, January 31, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 17, 2018