Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
Jodi Lynn Cohen
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
This is a senior level drole on our Customer Account Technology (CAT) team. You'll be part of a group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if”? The CAT organization is made up of several Agile software development teams that deliver technology solutions for our clients across different lines of businesses and different domains within Schwab. Our technology is a key foundation for internal system integration and our front end customer and rep capabilities. This technology leadership role is involved with the design and development of application modernization within CAT. We are improving availability of our client’s experience with Java, Spring Boot, Microservice Architecture, Cloud Foundry and MongoDB – it is an exciting time to join our team and be part of this new system development opportunity.
What you’ll do:
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal technology communities, and mentor other members of the team
- Review programming and environment changes and raise awareness for potential impacts
- Architect and develop effective solutions that are in line with the organization's vision
- Actively participate in product design and development sessions
- Review software against 12 Factor Application principles
- Develop CF Tooling plan for migration to PCF (Deployment, Build, and CI pipeline)
- Develop path to move Identify and Security, Data Management, Messaging and Integration tools to PCF as appropriate
What you have:
- 8-10 years of experience with the following: Java, Spring framework (Spring Boot), cloud development and Web Services (REST, SOAP) supporting high volume transactions in a highly available environment
- 4+ years' of experience in Cloud deployment in a continuous integration and continuous delivery model
- 2+ years' of experience with continuous build process using bamboo/bit bucket, git, Jenkins etc.
- Knowledge of PCF Tooling and Build Chain
- Architecture perspective
- Architecture Perspective knowledge of 12 Factor Application principles
- Prior experience in IT transformations and system modernization initiative from legacy to distributed platforms; i.e. Mainframe Cobol apps/DB2 to Java apps/SQL or MongoDB
- Experience and knowledge of NoSQL databases MongoDB
- Experience with Agile methodology and Agile working environment and tools such as JIRA and other Atlassian tools
- An understanding of the testing pyramid (unit, functional, integration, acceptance testing) and testing approaches TDD, BDD
- Ability to effectively engage subject matter experts and understand technical topics
- Ability to analyze and solve problems creatively
- Ability to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders including offshore teams and manage offshore development activities
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Monday, January 29, 2018
Expiration Date: Friday, June 1, 2018