Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab has been doing in-house, native mobile development for several years but every business channel in Schwab is increasing their presence on the mobile platform. We are looking to grow a high performing, engaged mobile development team that is passionate about delivering an excellent mobile experience for our users, from checking account balances to complex trading. We are looking for a .Net Web API developer who has solid experience in middleware patterns such as REST, WCF and/or SOAP webservices.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with our Business partners to identify, define business/technical requirements.
- Design, development and implementation of RESTful web services.
- Define data contracts, identify deficiencies and proactively recommends best practice technical solutions
- Communicate effectively with other disciplines including Managers, Architects, Developers, Project Management, Test, Infrastructure/ and Production Support within and outside the organization.
- Self-directed and able to work with an extended, distributed team to deliver products in a timely manner.
- The candidate will also be expected to monitor production support queues, troubleshoot production issues as well as help identify opportunities for process improvement.
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for problem solving, have the ability to quickly learn new concepts and must be able to interact with all levels of technical and business.
- Finally, candidate should have passion for problem solving and comfortable in a fast-paced development environment that continually embraces the latest technologies and techniques.
What you have:
- 3-5 years of experience successfully designing and deploying enterprise applications with C# and .NET in a multi-threaded application software development. Strong focus in Object-Oriented application design & patterns
- Experience in WebAPI, LINQ, Async, WCF, XML, JSON, .NET Core.
- Hands on with Bit bucket, Bamboo, JIRA and Confluence tools
- Code quality improvement through design/code reviews and advanced debugging techniques.
- Knowledge of SOA, SaaS, REST/Web Services, etc. and skills in the areas of unit-testing, performance analysis, debugging, and Secure Software Development Experience creating own unit test programs to verify correct functioning of server applications and services
- Familiarity with .NET Open Source Technologies (NuGet, Unity, Common Logging) is a plus
- Experience in Agile Scrum development methodology
- Ability to quickly master new technologies w/ creative problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies Excellent communication, documentation, organization and interpersonal skills.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Monday, January 29, 2018
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018