Lone Tree - CO, DENR1, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab is seeking an experienced User Researcher to join the UX team in the Investor Services Strategy, Segments & Platforms group. You’ll work closely with our cross-disciplinary staff to evaluate innovative products. Your knowledge of current research methodologies in human-computer interaction is second to none. The ideal candidate will have experience with the software development process and will be extremely passionate about usability and user experience. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
What you’ll do:
- Lead research for development projects within a product family
- Develop a usability test plan for a project and then execute that plan successfully
- Instill best practices for research, provide guidance on how to meet usability requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
- Keep up-to-date with the current trends, tools and technology
- Work with the UX team to evaluate prototype experiences
What you have:
- Hands-on success in evaluating innovative websites or applications
- Ability to analyze the scope of a project and develop an appropriate usability test plan based on the available resources.
- Proficiency with modern data collection techniques and tools; familiarity with standard usability lab tools and practices
- Proficiency with qualitative and quantitative data analysis techniques
- Expert knowledge in current web standards
Additional Desired Skills:
- Statistical expertise; familiarity with SPSS or R
- Ability to work well within teams of all sizes and in collaborate with non-technical business partners
- Ability to think creatively and proactively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Identify and communicate best practices for usability and research methods.
- Understanding of user experiences (including complex online tasks)
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Project Management-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Monday, January 29, 2018
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018