San Francisco - CA, SF215FMT, 215 Fremont Street, 94105-2318
Erika Jessica Pullem
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
We are looking for an analyst with a consultative background and approach to:
- Work directly with our internal Investor Services partners (FCs & PCs) and our Advisor Services Registered Investment Advisors as a Subject Matter Expert for all facets of our Managed Account platforms
- Take personal responsibility for timely and professional response and interaction with a wide variety of investment professionals
- Provide best in class service to our partners with exceptional skill in managing expectations and your own time.
- Be a collaborative teammate in a small team able to reach across different business lines with divergent priorities to find solutions that benefit all
What you’ll do:
The Investment Management Consulting Group (IMCG) plays a critical support role for Financial Consultants in our retail branches and RIAs to help them make more informed decisions about using separately managed accounts strategies and platforms at Schwab. The IMCG provides research and sales support for advisors using SMAs in their client’s portfolios. The individual in this role will be a central resource for advisors and Schwab’s internal sales teams by providing qualitative and quantitative analysis on third party SMAs, as well as Schwab’s affiliated and proprietary strategies. The Analyst should be well versed in portfolio construction, modern portfolio theory, and the role diversification and actively managed SMAs in an asset allocation. The Analyst should also be comfortable having consultative discussions on portfolio construction across strategies in different asset classes and portfolio level analytics. The Individual will be expected to: Provide research, sales, and platform support for advisors with customized proposals and analytical presentations that illustrate various asset allocations and combinations of SMAs tailored to each advisors specific needs. Deliver commentary and insight on recommended Money Managers’ processes, philosophies, performances and people. Perform regular updates to decks available to field. The Analyst will be expected to travel a few times a year to Schwab sponsored events to represent the IMCG as well as the managed account platforms to educate advisors on Schwab’s SMA platforms and products (i.e. structure, pricing, custody).
What you have:
- Solid Understanding of Fundamental Indexing, Cap-Weighted Indexing., investment Consulting, MPT Statistics, asset allocation
- Minimum of 2 years in sales and research experience with mutual funds and ETFs.
- Excellent analysis, problem solving and research skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- CIMA® Designation or candidate.
- Strong Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) skills
- Strong affinity for learning new and complex software applications (Zephyr Analytics, Morningstar Direct, Tableau, etc.)
- Bachelors Degree required
- Series 7 and 66 preferred, or the ability to obtain with a condition of employment within 180 days
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 66, FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Analyst/Strategy-2-5 yrs, Investment Research-6+ yrs, Investment Research-2-5 yrs, Analyst/Strategy-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Category:Investment Management & Research
Activation Date: Monday, January 29, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, April 21, 2018