Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Gena Elise Goolsby
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM) Technology is part of the Schwab Technology Services (STS) organization which is responsible for the company’s use of information technology including all telecommunications, operations and client and business applications.
CSIM Technology is aligned to support the technology needs of Charles Schwab Investment Management Inc. (CSIM) which is the investment advisor for Schwab’s proprietary mutual funds, referred to as the Schwab Funds; and it includes Schwab’s exchange-traded funds, referred to as the Schwab ETFs™. With over $302bn in assets under management, of which $289bn are managed on a discretionary basis and approximately $13bn on a non-discretionary basis. CSIM is the 3rd largest provider of index funds and the 7th largest provider of money market funds.
What you’ll do:
The Quality Assurance Engineer will help transform our team away from a test-after approach where testing activities begin only after coding has completed and a formal handoff from the developers to a separate QA team (or sub-team) has taken place towards a test-first approach where the line between coders and testers is blurred and coders and testers work closely together developing business software solutions. Bringing a test-first mindset and automating everything that can be automated is vital to becoming agile and maintaining agility over time. We are looking for a QA automation engineer that understands and can help educate others on the merits of ATDD of BDD as well as techniques for implementation in a data-centric environment.
The Data Technology Team is in the middle of a multi-year effort to build out a Data Warehouse as a critical component of an overall strategic Data Platform. As a member of our Scrum team you will also be expected to participate in any task needed to complete a story. Although this is primarily a QA automation position, we’re looking for a “generalist” that can work on any task. This may include data mapping, requirements refinement, data validation, documentation, technical tasks, etc.
What you have:
- Experience working in a Scrum environment planning and executing using a test-first mindset
- Experience implementing fully automated data flows including file acquisition and staging as well as automated system input and output comparison
- Experience implementing automated regression test suites
- Skilled in multiple scripting languages, e.g. PowerShell, Perl, Python, Linux and Windows shell scripting
- Experience writing code to automate file movement operations over multiple transmission protocols (e.g. SMB, FTP, SFTP, etc.)
- Experience testing interfaces over web protocols (e.g. SOAP, REST, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with complex XML and XSD data structures including parsers, XPath and XQuery
- Experience with database-centric testing concepts, e.g. table-to-table or file-to-table mappings and comparisons
- Experience in Investment Management or Financial Services
Education (in order of preference):
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or Bachelors of Science in Computer Engineering with multiple elective courses dedicated to programming or Bachelors of Science in other information technology discipline (e.g. MIS or CIS) with multiple courses dedicated to programming
- Shows a commitment to high ethical standards and integrity and demonstrates this through action
- Inquisitive, analytical, a strategic thinker, proactive and solutions-oriented
- High-energy, positive, entrepreneurial in spirit while goal-oriented and results-driven
- Self-starter; takes initiative and can work independently
- Well-organized and disciplined with high attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable working with various business domains
- Direct, plain-spoken; conveys a genuine/authentic demeanor
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs, IT-Software Quality Assurance (QA)-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Friday, January 26, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018