Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
As a Sr. Business System Analyst, you will work closely with business partners to understand the data and business challenges to propose new functionality into the enterprise data warehouse. You will analyze data using SQL, identify and propose alternative questions, and design a data model and/or application data flow to deliver the business capability. You will be required to quickly learn Schwab’s business model, business vision and the associated analytical/reporting requirements. A successful candidate will be curious about the business and the data that enables it. A successful candidate will also be passionate about partnering with our business teams and exploring data to find the best solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Analyzing source system data, profiling data (using SQL and Hive QL) and arranging service level agreements with data providers
- Designing conceptual and logical data models (using ERwin), creating metadata definitions, and creating source-to-target mapping
- Acting as requirements coordinator for 1-2 medium to large projects, capturing usage requirements and designing the semantic/information layer
- Participating on small projects in preparing and managing the project plans, and recommending solutions
- Partnering with business users and acting as a liaison between business and technical teams
- Coordinating data model review and handoff with the ETL development team
- Building deep understanding of the warehouse data and capabilities
What you have:
- Experience as a technical business analyst with a track record of delivering well-documented data requirements (> 6 years)
- Substantial experience in Data Warehousing / Information Management preferably using Teradata database platform (> 4 years)
- Expert level SQL skills
- Experience in data modeling (logical and/or physical) with solid understanding of 3NF, Star Schemas and performance concerns
- Experience using Erwin
- Familiarity with Informatica, Hive and Teradata preferred.
- Experience /knowledge of Project Management with the ability to drive projects to successful completion
- Experience in Agile development methodology
- Prior experience interfacing with various partners, including vendors, offshore development teams, and internal groups
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, influencing, prioritization, decision- making and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Project, Excel, MS Word and Visio Drawing tool along with general familiarity with Outlook and other MS Office applications is also required
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-less than 2 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Friday, February 23, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, April 28, 2018