Chicago - IL, IL150SW, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
Jessie M. Golden
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
In Corporate Operational Risk, our purpose is to govern, oversee, and continually improve the operational risk program through supporting and challenging business partners, and raising risk awareness and understanding, to improve risk-based decision making. We look to minimize operational risk impacts across all of the firm and its subsidiaries and affiliates. We do this through fostering a risk culture consistent with the core values of the firm of loyalty, One Schwab, operating discipline, and innovation.
Global Data Risk Management seeks to lead operational risk management efforts, in collaboration with the first-line Global Data organization, by providing a holistic view of data governance risk and maturity of the firm relating to how the firm handles one of our most important assets: our data.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Managing Director of the Volcker Program Office – Corporate Operational Risk department of Charles Schwab, the successful data governance oversight risk professional will be responsible for Implementing and performing oversight activities related to risks, controls, and issues that are the responsibility of the Global Data Risk Management program. Activities will include:
- Provide independent oversight and challenge of data governance risk management within the first line of defense (business units);
- Assist in the continued maturity of the Data Governance policy, and related procedures, and build processes to validate adherence to the program requirements;
- Develop a solid and positive working relationship with colleagues in other risk and control functions, as well as other business units, to ensure the program is effectively and efficiently implemented enterprise-wide;
- Participate in projects or product reviews as appropriate to assess data governance risk.
This is a summary only and duties and responsibilities may be changed from time to time, or over time.
To learn more about the culture at Schwab, click here to meet our people.
What you have:
- 3+ years experience in data governance;
- Base understanding of Business-Technology functions, through experience working across Business and IT areas;
- Possess effective communication and presentation skills to articulate oversight findings to business unit management;
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance risk management activities;
- Maintain strong problem-solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment while making decisions based on accurate and timely analyses;
- Bachelor degree required.
- One to three (1-3) years of related professional experience working with MIS, Databases, and/or process management areas;
- Understanding of a relational data model and experience in data extraction across multiple related objects/tables;
- Intermediate Excel and PowerPoint skills
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Analyst/Strategy-2-5 yrs, Analyst/Strategy-less than 2 yrs, Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Internal Audit, Risk Analysis, Accounting and Finance-less than 2 yrs, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Wednesday, January 24, 2018
Expiration Date: Friday, March 16, 2018