Chicago - IL, IL150SW, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
Jessie M. Golden
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
In Corporate Operational Risk, our purpose is to govern, oversee, and continually improve the operational risk program through supporting and challenging business partners, and raising risk awareness and understanding, to improve risk-based decision making. We look to minimize operational risk impacts across all of the firm and its subsidiaries and affiliates. We do this through fostering a risk culture consistent with the core values of the firm of loyalty, One Schwab, operating discipline, and innovation.
Global Data Risk Management seeks to lead operational risk management efforts, in collaboration with the first-line Global Data organization, by providing a holistic view of data governance risk and maturity of the firm relating to how the firm handles one of our most important assets: our data.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Managing Director of the Volcker Program Office – Corporate Operational Risk department of Charles Schwab, the successful data governance risk professional will be responsible for assisting in implementing a data governance risk framework and then maintaining and maturing that framework for the foreseeable future. Activities will include:
- Assist in the continued maturity of the Data Governance policy, and related procedures, and build processes to validate adherence to the program requirements;
- Assess the current state and work to mature key operational risk framework elements specific to data governance risk, including: risk and control oversight, key risk indicators, risk appetite, loss data and event reporting, and scenario analysis;
- Provide independent oversight and challenge of data governance risk management within the first line of defense (business units);
- Develop a solid and positive working relationship with colleagues in other risk and control functions, as well as other business units, to ensure the program is effectively and efficiently implemented enterprise-wide;
- Respond to internal audit and external regulatory inquiries regarding data governance risk
- Partner with management to help drive focus on mitigation of risk, including implementation of management action plans to address open data governance issues;
- Participate in projects or product reviews as appropriate to assess data governance risk;
- Partner with business unit leadership to identify, assess, monitor, and control their business unit’s existing and emerging data governance risk, while challenging the effectiveness of the business unit response to changes in the risk environment.
This is a summary only and duties and responsibilities may be changed from time to time, or over time.
To learn more about the culture at Schwab, click here to meet our people.
What you have:
- 5+ years experience in data governance;
- Strong understanding of Business-Technology functions, through experience working across Business and IT areas;
- Ability to manage cross functional projects and teams, including building plans, documenting scope and business requirement and keep team on track through progress measurement;
- Possess effective communication and presentation skills to articulate data governance policies, procedures, and plans to senior level executives;
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance risk management activities;
- Maintain strong problem-solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment while making decisions based on accurate and timely analyses;
- Strong emotional intelligence/maturity and senior level executive presence;
- Thrive on initiating, building, and cultivating strong relationships inside and outside; highly collaborative; navigate and activate alignment across organizational silos as well as the enterprise as a whole;
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred;
- Prior experience with team members in different locations
- 5+ plus years of related professional experience working with MIS, Databases, and/or process management areas;
- Understanding of a relational data model and experience in data extraction across multiple related objects/tables;
- Agile methodology experience
- Advanced Excel skills and PowerPoint skills;
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Analyst/Strategy-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Analyst/Strategy-6+ yrs, Internal Audit, Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs, Risk Analysis, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Wednesday, January 24, 2018
Expiration Date: Friday, March 16, 2018