Phoenix - AZ, PHXPEAK, 2423 E Lincoln Dr, 85016-1215
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Banking & Trust Services (BTS) is the business enterprise within Schwab overseeing Charles Schwab Bank and the Charles Schwab trust companies. The BTS organization offers deposit, loan and trust products to Schwab clients who are looking for holistic wealth management solutions that complement their brokerage activities. The integrated banking and brokerage services represent the strong value proposition we offer our clients.
Charles Schwab Bank is a full-service bank that offers a range of competitive deposit and lending products. In 2003, we launched Schwab Bank as a bank for investors, and it has grown to be the 12th largest bank in the United States. Our goal is to offer a banking experience that complements the Schwab brokerage capabilities, providing banking products tailored to meet our clients’ unique needs as investors, all in one convenient location. Consistent with the brand, we offer exceptional client experience.
The Bank Sales team is seeking a high potential Regional Banking Manager (RBM) who will act as the Bank’s subject matter expert within the South West Region by driving a deeper understanding of our products among Financial Consultants (FCs) in our retail branches as well as with Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs) who utilize Schwab to custody their clients’ assets. This position is based in the South West Region and the RBM would be responsible for traveling within Arizona, New Mexico, Las Vegas and Oklahoma to grow awareness of our Bank products (deposit, home lending, asset-based lending and trust services.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a primary business development and sales support resource for all Schwab clients and prospects within South West Region
- Deliver internal field communications, host events with branch and firm partners, participate in client events as keynote speakers, and promote new product/program launches
- Have a high frequency of individual FC and RIA meetings to support these groups in assessing, developing, and presenting solutions to clients and prospects
- Assist FCs/RIAs in strategic thought to recommend Bank solutions based on goals and parameters outlined by their clients
- Provide ongoing feedback to Bank Product Management and Client Experience regarding new products, services, pricing, and marketing support
- Engage in high net worth client meetings as needed for complex scenarios and consultations
What you have:
- 5+ years of proven relationship management experience in developing enhanced affiliations with Bank or Brokerage field partners to support business development activities
- Demonstrated ability to influence others, provide enhanced sales closing skills and deliver specific product and technical knowledge for all Bank offerings
- In depth financial background in both home lending and asset-based lending with focus on high net worth clients
- Deep analytical skills, including the business perspective to anticipate issues and their impact on other areas of the company and to proactively ensure that their impact is addressed
- Strong internal and external client focus, including ability to think in terms of client experience/perspective
- High comfort level in public speaking, as well as strong presentation skills
- Ability to travel while effectively managing a large territory with the skill to multi-task while remaining organized and responsive
- Bachelor’s degree is a plus
- Series 7 and 63/66 licensing
- Current NMLS is preferred
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 66, FINRA Series 63, FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Business Development and Sales-6+ yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Banking-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Wednesday, March 14, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, April 14, 2018