Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
Jessie M. Golden
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
In Corporate Operational Risk, our purpose is to govern, oversee, and continually improve the operational risk program through supporting and challenging business partners and raising risk awareness and understanding to improve risk based decision making. We look to minimize operational risk impacts across all of the firm and its subsidiaries and affiliates. We do this through fostering a risk culture consistent with the core values of the firm of loyalty, One Schwab, operating discipline and innovation.
Global Data Risk Management seeks to lead operational risk management efforts, in collaboration with the first-line Global Data organization, by providing a holistic view of data governance risk and maturity of the firm relating to how the firm handles one of our most important assets, our data.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Managing Director of Data, Infrastructure and Reporting within the Operational Risk Management department of Charles Schwab, the successful data governance risk professional will be responsible for assisting with data governance risk oversight at the firm. They will collaborate with the 1st line Global Data group to develop and improve process in line with firm standards, with an objective of driving holistic interconnectedness between data risks and other risk disciplines and 2nd line functions.
Activities will include:
- Design and execute processes for the collection of data including but not limited to: souring data, reviewing existing processes and data availability, and building extracts;
- Review data w/ Key Stakeholders in an effort to develop, mature and report metric information relating to vendor information across the firm, and across multiple legal entities. This includes developing and enforcing data governance activities;
- Reporting and Analysis projects, where knowledge can be derived of the data and detections of anomalies can be achieved through developing of processes and visualizations;
- Strategically work to connect data governance related data to all other applicable risk data at the firm through means that may include system enhancements, process redesign, and strategic partnership.
This is a summary only and duties and responsibilities may be changed from time to time, or over time.
To learn more about the culture at Schwab, click here to meet our people.
What you have:
- Three (3+) years experience in a role where one was a key member of a project team;
- Independent judgment with strong analytical skills;
- Strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability in communicating with different business partners;
- Experience in an environment where demands and methods are constantly changing;
- Self-motivated and able to bring projects to conclusion;
- Ability to manage and execute against multiple initiatives;
- Risk Management experience is desirable;
- Data governance experience and/or knowledge is desirable;
- Bachelor degree required.
- Advanced Excel skills including Visual Basic;
- Moderate to Advance SQL experience;
- Understanding of a relational data model and experience in data extraction across multiple related objects/tables;
- Prior experience with reporting and Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Risk Analysis, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||TX - Dallas, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Tuesday, January 23, 2018
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018