Lone Tree - CO, BRCOQ4, 9899 Schwab Way, 80124-5377
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Senior Manager, Product Owner, Master Data management is a key member of the Global Data Solution team, on the product side. This is an exciting opportunity to be the Product Owner on a multi-year project to build the true golden record for our client data. This role will be responsible for leading a team of data & business analysts profiling data, gathering business requirements, defining data cleansing and transformation strategies, planning load and test cycles to ensure the implementation of a robust and successful Customer MDM solution. This is a role that is a Product Owner in an Agile Scrum team for Master Data Management, in a managerial capacity.
What you’ll do:
- Engage as the team lead on a large and multi-year master data management project for Global Data office;
- Lead team of data analysts, plan functional activities & tasks, delegate tasks, provide guidance and direction to team members, and review deliverables/work products produced by team
- Identify source systems hosting customer data; conduct detailed analysis of client related data using SQL and data quality/profiling tools
- Provide recommendations on industry leading practices for data quality and remediation based on profiling effort
- Plan, lead and facilitate MDM requirement analysis and gathering sessions with business stakeholders and source system owners
- Define required attributes for customer domain to support a robust and successful deployment of a MDM platform
- Understand and analyze business processes impacted by ICV, and identify attributes associated with the processes.
- Responsible for gathering requirements for data matching and merging rules, survivorship criteria and data stewardship workflows
- Collaborate with the Enterprise Architecture teams (data integration, data architecture, business intelligence) responsible for developing and delivering MDM solutions.
- Interview & engage with multiple stakeholders across business and technology
What you have:
- BA/BS (analytic orientation preferred); and/or advanced degree (attractive)
- 5+ years of experience (preferably in financial services) working on Master Data Management projects with a leading MDM tool suite (such as Informatica MDM, SAP MDM, Kalido MDM, IBM MDM Server)
- Hands-on experience with SQL and data profiling tools and utilities (Informatica Data Quality is preferred)
- Understanding of deterministic and probabilistic matching methodologies and master data hierarchy management
- Strong experience in leading teams responsible for data management and/or resolving data issues
- Strong experience in facilitating conversations and coordinating work products across domain business and
- Good understanding of Master Data Management strategies, MDM services and capabilities, Metadata Management, Data Governance, and Data Quality solutions
- Familiarity with enterprise data integration technologies and methods
- Experience with enterprise level data analysis and integration work
- Experience planning load cycles for testing phases and facilitate defect meetings
- Demonstrate business acumen and the ability to apply technology solutions to solve business problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to quickly synthesize data and develop recommendations
- Highly responsive, leveraging ability to multi-task, work efficiently and meet tight deadlines
- Sound judgment, planning, project management and organization skills
- Experience working on project vision, project scope, business cases, requirements, test cases, scenarios and scripts
- Independently lead a team comprising of data analysts and business analysts
- Review deliverable produced by team members across phases of the project
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Tuesday, January 23, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 31, 2018