Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
This Product Manager role makes a real impact, not only on Schwab as a business but on the world as a whole, as this product enables our clients to become donors to their favorite charities in a tax smart way through the Schwab Charitable digital experience. The person in this role will be responsible for designing and implementing both high priority projects and maintenance enhancements, specifically the Charitable retail website. Schwab Charitable™ is an independent, tax-exempt public charity.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement both maintenance enhancements and high priority projects related to Schwab Charitable across Schwab.com, Mobile and other platforms.
- Specific product leadership across our web and mobile experiences, including execute against roadmap, manage sequencing and prioritization of product backlogs, and drive to product delivery.
- Owning product team's execution strategy for all team's product rollouts from usability to marketing to field integration.
- Developing Agile user stories for the trading product development team.
- Fulfilling the product owner role in daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning sessions, and product demos.
- Provide thought leadership in the design of new processes and interactions to enhance the overall client experience.
- Researching and investigating production issues as they arise.
- Provide regular and concise updates to management team.
- Serve as the subject matter expert to cross-functional groups.
- Additional projects and tasks based on business needs.
What you have:
- 2-5 years of experience in Agile development practices and Product Owner responsibilities.
- High adaptability in managing an emerging platform through new and evolving consumer trends in financial data management.
- Ability to multitask and manage the heightened risk profile associated with supporting client data visible on some of the most popular financial service platforms in the country.
- Ability to cultivate relationships with a variety internal consumer platforms and external partners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and must exemplify the vision and values of Schwab.
- Experience with mobile, email and web technologies and their application.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders such as Marketing, Legal/Compliance, Technology, Product Owners across lines of business and Field Representatives.
- Strong Communication skills—both written and oral.
- Solid problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work through ambiguity.
- Ability to work within certain processes, but also be able to proactively work toward improvements.
- Team player--must be flexible, adaptable, and able to work in a highly matrixed organization.
- Experience within Agile development processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 2 plus years of experience in the financial services industry.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Project Management-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Tuesday, January 23, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 31, 2018