Phoenix - AZ, PHX4701A, 4701 E Francisco Dr, 85044-5365
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Do you enjoy automating mundane and manual work? Do you have a passion for data and service quality and reliability? The Schwab Corporate Systems Production Services Support team, a part of the IT organization has an opportunity for a motivated engineer, to support our Finance technology solutions area. You will utilize your skillset to high-quality technology planning, installation, administration and tuning in support of a broad range of internal clients ranging from Central Finance and Profitability Analysis to Management and Regulatory Reporting, Treasury and Risk.
What you’ll do:
- You will be engaged in the preparation and execution of work in all phases of the systems development life cycle including planning, configuration, administration and maintenance in a business critical environment
- Work hands on and within the team to improve capacity, reliability and skillsets
- You will continually look to improve the reliability and effectiveness of the services by implementing monitoring, and correcting course where necessary.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work with technical and agile teams to prioritize backlog and incidents
- Where possible, lead and train others within the team to increase team capabilities and capacity
- Automate deployment, infrastructure and monitoring tools and systems
- Enhance, maintain and support various platforms including IBM TM1
- Oversee disaster recovery planning and testing
- Develop and improve documentation, diagrams, processes and technology
- Identify opportunities to increase visibility into system and application performance
- Work through root cause analysis and develop remediation plans to improve reliability
- Provide support for production incidents and daily batch processing
- Drive resolution of issues/ completion of work and provide updates to stakeholders as needed
- On call support
- Other duties as assigned
What you have:
- 5+ years of systems support in an enterprise environment
- Experience interacting with end users
- Experience with BI, ETL and Reporting tools such as OLAP, Brio, Informatica, etc.
- Passion for automation, orchestration and continual improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline
- Expert on Windows, experience supporting middleware infrastructure (weblogic, websphere, etc)
- Experience with CA Workload Automation ESP edition or similar enterprise scheduler strongly desired
- Knowledge of the financial domain or a strong desire to learn about the industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Continuous Delivery/Integration, Infrastructure as Code and Puppet not required but preferred
- Experience supporting Cognos TM1 not required but preferred
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
|Languages:||English - spoken|
|Current Licenses / Certifications:||None|
|Relevant Work Experience:||IT-System Administration-2-5 yrs|
|Position Located In:||AZ - Phoenix|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Activation Date: Monday, January 22, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 Apply Here