Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
Christine Marie Hill
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
As a Sr. Staff Software QA Engineer role is under the direction of the STC QA Manager, you will be responsible for delivering innovative QA Automation for trading to market. Your attention to detail and focus on quality will help deliver software that will bring joy to millions of users worldwide. Your focus on lean software practices and delivering quality products will be critical in the success of Client Experience Technology, Schwab Trading Client (STC), and our mission of transformation using Agile Methodology, Acceptance Test Driven Development, working with onshore and offshore teams to drive quality. You will be making a real difference in making STC more efficient, lean, and more effective.
What you’ll do:
This role will be accountable for project and release based QA testing which includes in-sprint automation for all StreetSmart applications. This position will provide opportunity to interact with multiple domains and applications. Key responsibilities include:
- Be a key member of a software development team providing QA expertise and automation to rapidly develop and iterate on new product features and enhancements.
- Adopt a lean start-up approach to building and testing a minimum viable product. Provide early feedback to enable continuous learning and iteration for ventures, products and services.
- Leverage the relevant capabilities of ATDD to accelerate delivery
- Assist in defining QA best practices and building our culture of continuous improvement
- Partner with cross-functional teams to build and refine user stories
- Ensure quality across all StreetSmart Applications
- Assist with QA strategy for STC, recommend, and improve automation tools
- Assist with training colleagues on testing methodologies, automation, and lean regression tools
- Assist in creating a culture of continuous delivery
- Work with the project manager and/or scrum master to provide work estimates, testing schedule and provide project and release status and updates to Leads and Managers.
- Prepare or help in preparation of test plans, test scenarios, test cases, data setup, bug reporting, test evaluation summary report and communication of status/metrics.
- Work with project team members for testing activities, participating in Requirements Ambiguity, Use Case/User Story Reviews, and conduct QA analysis and test support activities.
- Execute Test Cases, Test Scripts, in-sprint automation, and be hands on and detail oriented.
- Attend Agile Ceremonies (Daily SCRUM, Sprint Planning/Review/Demo, Retrospectives, etc.) as required.
- Work cross-organizationally both within Schwab and with external vendors, both on and offshore to define environment requirements, identify approved QA-related tools, develop and execute QA process and testing best practices.
- Collaborate with technical and other QA partners as required
What you have:
- BS or BA in CIS, CS, or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience automating web applications
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with an interest in software testing
- 8+ years of QA and automation testing experience
- Demonstrated skills in education, testing, and test automation development
- Good interpersonal skills required to establish and maintain relationships with entire Agile project team (DEV, QA, SM, PO).
- Manage multiple priorities when required
- Results-oriented, flexible and able to work in fast paced environment
- Experience with several QA automation tools and knowledge of when to use what
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Experience with agile, lean practices and methodologies
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented collaborative environment
- Passion for technology and delivering useful and pleasing products to market
You demonstrate these behaviors:
Curious: Constantly learns more about our clients, competitors, industry and the broader market to drive insights and decisions
Overcomes Barriers: Takes responsibility for addressing obstacles that hinder our people and our business
Emotionally Mature: Demonstrates strong self-awareness and ability to adjust to the emotion & drive of others; embraces others’ perspectives and recognizes limits of own point of view
Collaborative: Capitalizes on the diverse experience and the expertise of colleagues and builds commitment around vision and priorities
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Software Quality Assurance (QA)-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Monday, January 22, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 31, 2018