Wilmington - DE, DE4250L, 4250 Lancaster Pike, 19805
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Banking & Trust Services (BTS) is the business enterprise within Schwab overseeing Charles Schwab Bank and the Charles Schwab trust companies. The BTS organization offers deposit, loan and trust products to Schwab clients who are looking for holistic wealth management solutions that complement their brokerage activities. The integrated banking and brokerage services represent the strong value proposition we offer our clients.
Charles Schwab Bank is a full-service bank that offers a range of competitive deposit and lending products. In 2003, we launched Schwab Bank as a bank for investors, and it has grown to be the 13th largest bank in the United States. Our goal is to offer a banking experience that complements the Schwab brokerage capabilities, providing banking products tailored to meet our clients’ unique needs as investors, all in one convenient location. Consistent with the brand, we offer exceptional client experience.
The Senior Trust Officer is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with registered investment advisors, trust beneficiaries, and other interested parties for an assigned book of business consisting of large family relationships and key investment advisor relationships utilizing the Personal Trust Services Division. The Senior Trust Officer serves as a mentor & coach to Trust Officers. The Senior Trust Officer assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as all applicable state and federal banking regulations in the context of their responsibilities.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure each trust account is administered in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and the terms of the governing instrument.
- Help mentor and coach Trust Officer and Trust Officer II.
- Personally administer an assigned book of complex and/or high touch personal trust accounts.
- Interpret legal documents to ensure that each trust in their assigned book of accounts is administered in accordance with the terms of each governing instruments.
- Maintain high client service levels through prompt research and response to registered investment advisors and trust beneficiaries.
- Present discretionary memorandums for review and approval of the Discretionary Distributions Committee.
- Document directed distributions for the administrative file and for the Trust Advisory Committee.
- Provide notice of termination for terminating trusts to the Trust Advisory Committee and process related termination efforts in accordance with Administrative procedure.
- Respond to initial inquiries from Schwab advisors, third party contacts, and private individuals regarding both current and future trust prospects.
- Ensure proper receipt of and accounting for miscellaneous assets in established trust accounts.
- Perform Post Acceptance and Annual administrative account reviews for assigned accounts.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- Provide training and support to the Administrative Team in coordination with the Managing Director.
What you have:
- 10+ years of experience in personal trust administration
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- CTFA preferred
- Strong knowledge of the principles of trust administration and practical experience in administering trusts governed by Delaware law, a plus
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities without sacrificing quality or accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to deal effectively with a variety of people
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Customer Service-6+ yrs, Banking-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||DE - Wilmington
Activation Date: Friday, January 19, 2018
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018