Lone Tree - CO, DENR1, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Lance Alan Britton
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Analytics & Business Insight (ABI) is focused on leveraging data to drive better business decisions and better outcomes. We are a trusted thought-partner that provides actionable insights in a consistent and timely manner. We leverage close, collaborative working relationships with business partners, in order to apply technology solutions to a wide array of business problems and Business Intelligence needs.
As a member of an organization with broad business impact, you will work with colleagues and business partners to support myriad dashboards, reports, and data processes that our internal clients rely upon, in order to effectively manage and grow their respective businesses.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with colleagues and subject matter experts to maintain and update an expansive set of reports, dashboards, and data sets/processes.
- Provide first-level support, troubleshooting production issues and bugs.
- Systematically break down complex processes to identify issues and devise plans for resolution.
- Partner closely with support teams on the scheduling, automation, monitoring, and triage of various reporting applications and technology solutions.
- Monitor upstream dependencies—data and/or system—to anticipate changes to downstream reporting applications.
- Collaborate with technology partners to develop tools and processes to monitor the complete inventory and health of our various systems, reports, and dashboards.
- Participate in code reviews to gain familiarity with the breadth of technology solutions and development practices.
- Leverage knowledge of reporting landscape to raise opportunities to gain efficiencies through the consolidation and/or elimination of redundant data, objects, and/or reports that only serve to increase technical debt.
- Continuous process improvement.
What you have:
- Education in Engineering, Business Analytics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or related experience.
- 2+ years of experience using complex SQL through Teradata, Oracle, or other databases in a large-scale data warehouse environment.
- 2+ years of automating and managing reports, dashboards, self-serve tools, etc.
- 1+ years of Tableau or similar dashboard development.
- Must have a thorough understanding of relational databases and architecture.
- Must be a motivated self-starter and problem solver who can work independently and seeks out opportunities to work collaboratively with others in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Must have hands -on experience coding and designing new reports, maintaining and enhancing existing reports, and designing dashboards on scalable intelligence platforms.
- Experience working directly with business and technology partners to understand objectives and articulate the impact of Business Intelligence solutions.
- Must have the ability to manage concurrent projects at different stages of completion.
- Must be able to understand and explain complicated technical subject matters and communicate in business terms.
- Must be comfortable dealing with changing priorities and timelines.
- Ability to use process of elimination to identify break points in large, complex processes.
- Experience with JIRA, Workfront, or like work management tool.
- Experience with agile visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlikview, or similar).
- Knowledge of the brokerage business, financial services, and/or Schwab.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Analyst/Strategy-2-5 yrs, Analyst/Strategy-6+ yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix, CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Thursday, January 18, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, April 28, 2018