We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Retirement Business Services Technology group provides product and application-based design, development, design, testing, deployment and production support to the business units. Particularly in support of web, trustee, custodial, recordkeeping and compliance products for Schwab Corporate and Retirement Services. The Quality Assurance team is responsible for test estimates, test strategies, test plans and scripts, functional and regression testing for numerous applications.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a highly experienced and skilled QA Lead with code development experience and skills. The appropriate person for this position is a leader who has a passion for developing and evolving automation frameworks, test infrastructure, automation code practices, test tooling and data management tools and processes. You will:
- Be an advocate and leader for Test Automation
- Establish and communicate automation strategies and processes
- Be effective in participating at program, project and product related levels
- Participate in technical governance and help negotiate overall product quality standards with development and business teams.
- Have hands-on experience with two or more automation tools/frameworks
- Build automation frameworks to increase reuse, increase efficiencies within the teams, and reduce effort
- Accountable for project/product based testing efforts across multiple applications (including End to End Test efforts)
- Work with developers to create a strategy to support automated unit testing, build and deploy pipelines allowing the team to fully support a drive toward continuous integration and continuous development
- Mentors join testers on automation and best practices
- Coordinate with team members for testing activities, participating in Requirements Ambiguity, & Use Case / User Story Reviews, and conduct QA analysis & test support activities.
- Work cross-organizationally both within Schwab and with external vendors, both on and offshore to define environment requirements
What you have:
- 6+ years of hands on experience in development, execution and maintenance of automated test scripts
- Hands on coding experience in Java, Ruby, C# or any other Object oriented programming language
- Experience with Selenium
- Experience with Agile Development Practices
- Good understanding of exploratory testing practices
- Experience or familiarity with these tools, languages, databases that are used in our development and testing efforts : Selenium and Selenium Grid, Java, .net, C#, Node .js, protractor, MongoDb, Jenkins, Cucumber
- Knowledge of new standard industry tools for logging bugs and managing test cases (ex. JIRA/MTM, Zephyr/HPQ)
- Hands on experience with Web services virtualization
- Experience with scoping, sizing and overseeing multiple concurrent projects, assessing the appropriate level of risk-based testing, reviewing team deliverables and being the single point of contact for stakeholders
- Proven ability of working and leading multiple projects and releases, balancing time and effort for successful delivery
- Proven experience as a leader/trainer in a large, complex organization, with a demonstrated ability in leading and mentoring others
- Proven experience driving innovative testing solutions within a complex, Enterprise Platform
- Experience working with resources in different geographical locations and offshore vendors
- BS in Computer Science
- Acceptance test-driven development (ATDD) using the Gherkin language like Cucumber, JBehave, SpecFlow
- Understanding of CI/CD practices, lean methodologies
- Experience with Jenkins / Bamboo /GIT
- Financial/Trading services industry experience
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Overcomes Barriers
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix, NC - Charlotte
Activation Date: Thursday, January 18, 2018
Expiration Date: Thursday, April 19, 2018