San Francisco - CA, BRCAS2, 211 Main Street, 94105
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Digital Innovation team is being created based on a strong belief from our Chief Digital Officer that Schwab needs to continue to innovate on our digital client experiences. The team is responsible for defining and building Schwab’s innovation program that may include everything from feature enhancement to new product lines. The team will create a comprehensive strategy on digital innovations relevant to Schwab as well as execute on key elements of the program. This program will combine the best of internal innovation approaches (e.g.,first to launch a robo of the traditional players) and select external approaches (e.g.,cryptocurrencies). The team will focus on near term innovations that benefit our client experience as well as longer-term product innovations.
What you’ll do:
The Sr. Manager, Digital Innovation will be a key participant in the innovation program, helping Schwab innovate on behalf of clients and investors. We have a long history of questioning the status quo – whether it be the 24/7 quotes, or online brokerage, or the start of a mutual fund marketplace. The program is overseen by the Chief Digital Officer and has senior executive commitment. The role reports to a Managing Director of Insights & Innovation.
What you will contribute to the Company
- Identify strategic digital innovation areas and solutions for Schwab, which address client needs and can lead to a positive business impact.
- Develop the business case and market requirements for new innovations. Lead presentation to senior leadership and the Innovation Governance Committee to evaluate potential of bringing opportunity into innovation lab
- Develop an intimate understanding of the market opportunities through primary and secondary research sources
- Understand competitive offerings (direct and indirect) and consumer digital needs as it relates to finance, evaluating future innovations and trends
- Establish strong relationships with fintech, technology companies, and external innovation partners
- Development of innovation client insights group to build understanding and help in the prioritization of client needs and desires
What you have:
- Strong quantitative, analytical, written and verbal skills
- Proven track record of planning and execution. Ability to balance development of strategy plus experience in bringing that strategy to life through execution
- Experience in building partnerships internal and external
- Comfort in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment, with a positive attitude and solid work ethic;
- Curiosity to continually reevaluate our offers / products;
- Excellent communication, and interpersonal skills;
- BA/BS degree 3-5 years of product management, client experience or strategy preferred
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Product Development-2-5 yrs, Product Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Monday, February 12, 2018
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018