Chicago - IL, BRILLP, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
Axle J Marcoline
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM), the asset management arm of Charles Schwab Corporation (Schwab), has approximately $320 billion in assets under management (AUM) and is one of the nation’s largest retail money managers. CSIM provides a wide variety of products ranging from money market funds, index mutual funds, actively managed mutual funds, exchange traded funds and asset allocation fund-of-funds. As a provider of core investment products, CSIM is both an important enabler in fulfilling Schwab’s mission of helping everyone be financially fit and a critical engine in the company’s profitability and growth.
The Sr. Manager, Vendor Oversight, plays an essential role within CSIM by providing business partners with vendor management oversight planning and expertise. The CSIM Vendor Oversight team plays a strategic role in interfacing with CSIM vendors to optimize business value and support compliance with Corporate and CSIM standards
What you’ll do:
This position will be responsible for managing all aspects of the contracting lifecycle; as well as collaborating with risk groups and legal, as required, on vendor engagements.
Key activities for this manager include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the day to day management of CSIM vendors including
- Negotiation of new agreements and renewals as well as managing the end to end contract process
- Perform vendor oversight on in-scope vendors per CSIM procedures
- Provide guidance and input to all CSIM business users regarding vendor capabilities, strategies and contract terms
- Work with internal stakeholders to determine risks and dependencies, and work with Finance, Legal and Corporate Vendor Management to ensure risk is mitigated.
- Responsibilities for this role will include: training, guidance to business owners and peers on use of the system, data management, creating and managing multi-year strategic plan for the system and expanded use as well as reporting and communication of metrics to senior management.
- Engage with business stakeholders in CSIM, and provide leadership and direction on vendor contracts and performance
- Provide analysis of vendor proposals and various internal management inquiries regarding for vendor expenditures or potential expenditures.
- Participate or lead special projects driven by changing business requirements or strategic direction.
What you have:
- At least 5 years of experience in vendor management, strategic sourcing, or risk management.
- Strong problem solving skills including ability to research and resolve business issues arising in various operating environments
- Experience working in the financial industry a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, flexible, enthusiastic with a good attitude and able to handle multiple deliverables
- High level of interpersonal and analytical skills, with a proven capability to make contributions to teams and initiatives
- Proficiency in MS-Office (specifically Excel and PowerPoint) required
- Experience with Ariba, Hiperos, PeopleSoft and/or Access is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago, CO - Lone Tree
Category:Investment Management & Research
Activation Date: Wednesday, January 17, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, April 14, 2018