Austin - TX, AUSTINB, 12401 Research Blvd, 78759
Valerie Denise Yrigolla
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Product Management and Learning Experience team is responsible for shaping tools on Schwab.com and building content learning experiences that help inform, engage and inspire consumers to take action. We believe that design and functionality is critical to engaging consumers and influencing their decision to choose Schwab.
What you’ll do:
With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we seek to design meaningful experiences. The Product Manager will focus on building the strategy and driving partnership activations for tools on Schwab.com including Branch Locator, Search and Calculators. He/she will establish the product vision and a roadmap to deliver an experience that helps consumers feel more confident in making investment decisions that assist them in reaching their goals.
To be successful in the position, candidates will need to be proficient in:
- Building business cases, translating strategies into clear goals and objectives, driving the scoping for new digital product concepts and defining supporting metrics and the measurement plans
- Utilizing and interpreting data to drive and support product decisions
- Gathering and documenting product requirements from stakeholders; identifying the information needed to clarify a situation, seeking information from appropriate sources and using skillful questioning to draw out information
- Empathizing with all kinds of users and possessing the desire to provide ease, trust, and delight through compelling designs
- Being familiar with the product development life cycle as well as technical and engineering concepts in order to engage and collaborate with product owners, designers and engineers to:
- Weighs the costs, benefits risks, and chances for success in making a decision
- Directing the flow of feature requests into well-defined problem definitions (writing business requirements documents)
- Find the optimal paths to smoothly roll out features and functionality to consumers
- Identifying risks, defining mitigation plans and escalating issues requiring management attention
- Monitoring performance and measuring impact
What you have:
- 7-8 years of Product Management experience or leading web/digital projects, preferably in a financial services environment
- Track record of analyzing information and data to develop insights, and connecting these insights to customer needs and business opportunities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills; ability to demonstrate products to technical and non-technical audience
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- User experience savvy and the ability to drive decisions with "user-first" standpoint
- Scrappy, results-oriented attitude and strong sense of urgency to solve problems and get work done
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies, project management software, experience design
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Marketing-6+ yrs, Product Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Wednesday, January 17, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, February 17, 2018