Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
We are looking for a DevOps engineer who is passionate about automation and process improvement. The Operations & Shared Services group within Corporate Information Technology supports a suite of applications used by reps and employees. We are looking for a DevOps engineer to support a wide range of improvements from build and deployment processes, production monitoring and DevOps advocacy. The ideal candidate will have 8-10 years of experience in a comparable position, demonstrated experience in a fast-paced, agile environment and capable of working across a large enterprise.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with Build/Run teams to maintain and build out our production service monitoring platform using SOATest.
- Work with Build/Run teams to review current practices and make recommendations on adopting Continuous Delivery best practices.
- The individual will be expected to assist Build/Run teams in establishing or enhancing their build, deploy, configuration management, and release engineering related activities.
- The individual is also expected to contribute to Schwab’s journey to mature our Continuous Delivery processes by establishing automated processes, streamlining build and deploy methodology, and improving our software development practices.
- Assist in analyzing application configuration management issues in production and test (non-production) environments.
- Develop and maintain configuration and release scripts. Provide release planning services and installation script development for new applications where necessary.
- Develop automated build jobs using continuous integration platforms such as Bamboo.
- Develop/improve automated deployment jobs using PowerShell.
- Develop/improve and deploy source code branching methodologies and associated automation.
- Develop/improve release process improvements and update release standards documentation.
- Peer review change tickets to ensure accuracy of application change activities and mitigate risk.
- Complete assigned tasks by working with individuals and teams that are geographically dispersed.
- Actively participating in mentoring junior team members (Associate Level).
- Work with Team Leads across the organization (Sr. Staff level) to design and implement process improvement in our Build and Deploy space.
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Excellent judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations.
- Strong ability to juggle many competing priorities.
- Broad knowledge of Web technologies: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends, etc.
- The ideal candidate will have 8-10 years or more in depth of Build, Deploy, Configuration, and Release Management discipline and processes.
- Work well in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Experience with both Kanban and Scrum methodologies
- Ability to work independently but at the same time develop junior team members
- Experience in leadership, interpersonal and problem-solving skills that focus on influence and accountability, prioritization, negotiation, facilitation, time management and issue resolution.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and the business
- Experience with implementing best practices in Continuous Delivery
- Strong, attentive listening skills with the ability and experience in leading meetings
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition; identify and remove impediments; prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver; facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
- Must be self-motivated, as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Must be collaborative in driving decisions and able to deal with all levels of management and stakeholders.
- Experience in coaching and leading teams in unfamiliar concepts
Solid working knowledge with the following technologies is highly desirable:
- Deep understanding of Continuous Delivery concepts including branching strategies, configuring and maintaining code repositories and build and deploy processes
- Experience with configuring code analysis tool such as SONAR.
- Experience with Parasoft SOATest.
- Experience with implementing system monitoring tools and processes
- Application server services (.NET framework, VMware, Java)
- Build and Deploy Tools: Bamboo
- Scripting: PowerShell
- Monitoring Tools: Zenoss, Splunk and AppDynamics
Additional skills that would be desirable:
- Experience with Puppet
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix, TX - Ft Worth
Activation Date: Tuesday, January 16, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, April 17, 2018