San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
Valerie Denise Yrigolla
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Enterprise Public Relations team is part of the company’s Corporate Communications department, focusing on media relations, influencer engagement, message development, positioning, earned media analysis, and issues management to support the firm’s broad reputational and business goals.
We are looking for a Manager of Enterprise Public Relations to help manage earned media opportunities, grow valuable reporter relationships, support local market PR activities, and conduct ongoing media tracking, analysis and reporting – all in support of our retail investor enterprise, Schwab Investor Services.
The ideal candidate will have strong, proven written and verbal communications skills, flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced environment, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to work well within a team and autonomously, and a client-first attitude.
What you’ll do:
- Manage ongoing proactive and incoming media opportunities across a range of retail investing topics
- Work with internal and external agency partners to develop impactful media relations campaigns and activities
- Develop a range of external communications materials including press releases, messaging, talking points, story pitch development, and content for national and local communications activities
- Manage various aspects of local market PR to raise visibility for Schwab’s branch teams
- Support ongoing visibility for Schwab’s market and economic experts
- Work with a range of firm spokespeople and executives and serve as a media spokesperson on behalf of the firm
- Conduct ongoing earned media tracking, analysis, and reporting for internal partners
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with a range of internal partners including social media channel owners, internal communications, events, marketing and advertising, and business enterprise leaders and spokespeople
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years Public Relations functional knowledge
- Financial Services background preferred
- Experience in planning and implementing media relations programs and in developing relationships with key reporters
- Excellent writing/verbal communication skills in the areas of message development, press releases, spokesperson talking points, and communications plans
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, influencing, prioritization, decision- making, and conflict resolution skills
You’ll demonstrate these behaviors:
- Fostering Innovation
- Self Confidence
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Persuasive Communication
- Fostering Diversity
- Fostering Teamwork
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law and regulations applicable to Charles Schwab.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Marketing-2-5 yrs, Communications-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Monday, January 15, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, February 10, 2018