San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
Valerie Denise Yrigolla
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
At Schwab, we believe that the best long-term growth strategy is one that puts clients first. Seeing our business "through clients' eyes" helps us earn our clients' trust as we strive daily to fulfill our purpose, to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity, and act according to our values.
Schwab's National Acquisition Marketing team plays an important role in introducing Schwab's purpose and value proposition to investors across the country. The team's charter is to develop and activate acquisition marketing campaigns that drive new leads and conversions. The Sr. Manager – Product Manager/Marketing plays a critical role in developing and maintaining high standards for executional excellence within the team and for the broader Schwab organization.
What you’ll do:
The Sr. Manager, Product Manager/Marketing develops and manages programs from ideation to execution and is the subject matter expert in his/her area with full understanding of the strategic, marketing, financial, analytical and operational impacts. We’re looking for someone already considered a high performer, who loves the challenge to learn and solve problems, is an excellent and effective communicator, who reviles in the details both operational and analytical, and understands the benefit of and how to collaborate with multiple partner organizations.
A typical day could include running a core team on the development of a new program, creating a monthly report on the impact of an existing project, meeting with partners to discuss open items, and engaging with the research team on a new way to think about the business.
People love working with you because you make everyone’s life easier and are always up-to-the-minute on program and project details. You bring a positive, inquisitive “challenger” mindset to the job, and are never satisfied with the status quo. After all, you love marketing, and the power of bringing the Schwab story to life.
- Manage end-to-end process for new Marketing programs, from strategic brief through execution and implementation.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert in the projects that you own
- Develop as needed competitive analyses to understand trends and implications.
- Manage the budget: Work closely with the cross-functional team on planning, forecasting, management and reconciliation of spend.
- Establish and maintain regular milestones for delivery of program recaps; work with the team to deliver monthly recaps and quarterly look backs. Ensure that learnings are documented and shared. Maintain library of Best Practices.
- Work with Analytics team to provide program and budget details as needed for campaign analysis.
- Build and submit recaps of marketing work that show the significant accomplishments and contributions of our programs. Help manage other one-off requests for insights into local programs.
- Lead annual planning process: identify timelines and dependencies, work across team to develop templates for plans.
- Look for connections to other projects and recommend simplification and integration points.
- Proactively work to remove obstacles and enable forward momentum and progress.
- Establish, document and communicate simple workflows.
What you have:
- Minimum of 10 years of marketing experience.
- Strong project and product management skills, with the appropriate marketing “chops” with hands-on experience managing initiatives from start to finish. Learns from failures as well as successes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong relationship-building skills and ability to influence and motivate people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions.
- Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- High degree of initiative to drive projects to completion.
- Ability to work autonomously and within teams, proven self-starter.
- Data-curious, and leverages business results to help drive outcomes.
- Effective change agent who can thoughtfully champion new ideas, and coach partners to recognize the benefits and adopt change for themselves.
- Relentlessly curious, never satisfied with the status quo, seeks and implements recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Self-motivated and driven. Ability to work well independently and within a group setting.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law and regulations applicable to Charles Schwab.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Marketing-6+ yrs, Product Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Monday, January 15, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, February 10, 2018