Phoenix - AZ, PHX4701A, 4701 E Francisco Dr, 85044-5365
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Release Manager Job function provides confident leadership, works collaboratively with all participants in software development projects. This position also works with management to improve the software engineering delivery processes and practices associated with deploying and updating software and environments.
Responsibilities also include building the release calendar, working closely with the different domains and platforms to ensure release train boarding readiness and criteria for boarding and departure to production. The Release Manager will assist in managing project interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence to ensure the integrity of the release can be measured.
What you’ll do:
Advance planning of the release windows and cycles across the platform, taking into account enterprise change management schedules.
• Leadership and coordination of release content and effort, based on the release train request manifest, pending service requests and third party applications
• Manages boarding and departure through production.
• Manages risk and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
• Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time to meet release train boarding criteria and departure criteria
• Communicate all release progress and updates
• Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
• Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
• Weekly Release Reporting
• Communicate release details and schedules to the Business
• Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
• Manages key information such as release procedures, service and component versions, dependencies, and notification lists
• Work with Technical Leads to understand impacts of branches and code merges
• Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors
• Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
• Lead and coordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists
What you have:
Bachelor's degree in related field
• Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
• Experience in financial industry
• Formal training in agile delivery practices
• Advanced written and verbal communication
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
• 6+ years of previous release management experience, (Solid understanding of project management and agile principles)
• 6+ years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
• Significant experience using and administrating JIRA for software planning, version control, continuous integration and build services
• Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Change Management/Release Management-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Friday, January 12, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, March 13, 2018