Englewood - CO, DEN3, 9401 E Panorama Circle, 80112
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab is seeking a talented Scrum Master who will provide project and technical leadership, direction and support for software development teams. The role of the Scrum Master requires a dynamic individual, capable of managing simultaneous medium to complex, cross functional projects, as well as, maintaining close working relationships with geographically dispersed business partners and technical teams.
What you’ll do:
- The Scrum Master provides effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership and coaching skills supporting the teams with agile development process and delivery of our applications.
- As an agile expert, the Scrum Master will be responsible for enforcing the agile tenants as interpreted by our team, removing impediments and promoting empowerment.
- The Scrum Master position is highly responsible and accountable, and will challenge the teams to both, adopt and improve, agile best practices in the group.
- This position requires a high level technical understanding of software development and technology; support agile based SDLC for software development while ensuring necessary standards, tools and best practices are clearly documented and adopted, and participates and support development and delivery of software.
- Execute on Scrum Master Responsibilities that include organizing and facilitating daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress, maintain process documentation.
- Ensure that the development teams are practicing/following core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on Product & Sprint Backlogs
- Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice; Support Development Managers and Project Leads as necessary
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and information sharing.
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition; Identify and remove impediments; prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goal; Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution.
- Empower the teams to self-organize; improve the productivity of the sprint teams; ensure that the team strives to make each increment of functionality potentially releasable.
- Participate in the organization and planning of the development schedule based on methodology that has been developed to create a cohesive plan with identifiable platform dependencies.
What you have:
- Must be a Certified Scrum Master 5-7+ years of technology experience, preferably in a lead role, and 3+ years of CRM tools experience
- Experience using Atlassian Tools
- Must be an excellent team leader with the ability to influence and negotiate
- Experience in coaching and leading teams new to Agile Experience with teams performing new development while simultaneously supporting production applications
- Experience with communicating status and providing updates to executive level management
- Experience with negotiating prioritization between Product Owners and Technical leadership
- Experience working with agile methodology on large scale, technically complex projects for a large enterprise Highly adaptable to a constantly changing environment
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse and a geographically dispersed teams
- Must be self-motivated, as well as, creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Must be collaborative in driving decisions and able to deal with all levels of management and stakeholders.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Friday, January 12, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2018