San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Operations Strategy team sits within Schwab’s Operational Services Group and is responsible for development of operations strategy, planning/prioritization of initiatives, and driving innovation to meet Retail and Institutional client objectives. The Operational Services Group is at the core of Schwab’s value proposition: We drive outcomes for scale, client value, and client experience. Over the next five years, we plan to drive significant change in the business by building differentiated, end-to-end client experience, as well as accelerating our scale advantage through aggressive industrialization. We will partner closely with our Retail and Institutional business partners, as well as our technology and data organizations, to drive innovation throughout the value chain.
What you’ll do:
The Senior Manager will report into the Vice President of Operations Strategy. The Senior Manager of Operations Strategy will be focused on delivering strategic projects across Operational Services, will help advise the Operational Services senior leadership team, and will serve as a key liaison with the strategy leaders across Schwab’s business and technology enterprises.
The Senior Manager has responsibility for significant elements of project work, including: –
- Providing thought leadership and effectively developing and communicating the strategic agenda
- Planning and executing their own work streams; developing strategic insights, allowing us to meet operational objectives, innovation goals, and growth targets
- Ensuring quality control of analysis and preparing presentation materials for senior management
- Identifying success metrics and developing reporting to track progress against goals
- Supporting the refresh of the strategic plan for Operational Services and the strategic plans for individual business units within the Operational Services Group
- Working with third-party consulting firms on strategic projects
- Partnering with the corporate strategy team as well as the Investor and Advisor Services strategy teams and on cross-business unit opportunities
What you have:
- MBA and/or post-grad education preferred
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in strategy required, preferably with a top-tier consulting firm or strategy group within a financial services firm
- Skill at operating at both strategic and tactical levels, including proven experience managing strategic projects as well as the implementation of projects with cross-functional teams
- Superior analytical skills, research capabilities and attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to succinctly synthesize data, develop recommendations, and create and present materials tailored to specific audiences
- Ability to drive work independently and manage multiple projects that vary in scope and complexity simultaneously
- Strong and demonstrated teaming skills, especially in cross-functional teams
- Comfort in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment; comfort in dealing with ambiguity
- The ideal candidate will have a strong interest/passion for our industry, creating plans to identify opportunities and overcome challenges
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law and regulations applicable to Charles Schwab.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Project Management-6+ yrs, Analyst/Strategy-2-5 yrs, Project Management-2-5 yrs, Product Development-2-5 yrs, Analyst/Strategy-6+ yrs, Product Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree, CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Friday, January 12, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018