San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
Jessie M. Golden
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
TreasuryMiddle Office is responsible for managing trade confirmation, settlement, and exception processing as well as reporting, collateral management, and a number of control functions. These activities support Treasury Capital Markets but are segregated from the trading and portfolio management function.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and propose improvements to policies, procedures, and systems related to Middle Office in order to improve efficiencies and controls. Specifically, the successful candidate will develop tools to monitor and compare system data to external sources to ensure timely and accurate accruals, payments, and other system generated entries.
- Responsible for researching, documenting, and resolving differences in principal and interest payments, security positions, interest clean up, general ledger exception items and discrepancies, and monitoring custodian balances Work with Corporate Controller’s group to research, document, and resolve issues with securities records as well as price challenges.
- Confirm and validate all trade details with counterparties. Process trade settlements, custodial instructions, and exception items including counterparty settlement instructions.
- Process collateral management instructions including margin calls, collateral substitutions, and pledging of securities.
- Responsible for monthly certification of positions/assets to the Corporate Controller’s group.
- Responsible for maintaining proper controls, completing Control Assertion Reports, assisting with all internal and external audits and examinations, and SOX compliance.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years experience in fixed income settlement operations, including knowledge of the various MoneyMarket instruments and fixed income security types such as commercial paper, CDs, U.S. Treasuries, Agencies, Municipals, reverse repurchase agreements, and asset backed securities.
- Knowledge of custody and clearing best practices, trade and collateral management, accounting, and related systems.
- Proven ability in writing clear and concise technical requirements as well as partnering with both internal and external technology resources to create long-term solutions to resolve recurring problems.
- Demonstrated leadership ability in order to interact effectivelywith management, team members, and external contacts to resolve problems, propose new business practices, build strong partnerships, and influence across organizational boundaries.
- Proven ability to multitask while maintaining composure in a potentially stressful environment and to work quickly and effectivelywith internal and external counterparts.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Capital Markets-6+ yrs, Capital Markets-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Tuesday, January 9, 2018
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018