Austin - TX, AUSTIND, 12301 Research Blvd, 78759
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab Technology Web Development Team develops internal applications to support various business organizations. Lead of a team of web developers and provide the technical solution to new and existing applications. Work closely with the product owner to determine user stories difficulty, priority and schedule. The team leverages close, collaborative working relationships with its product owner to apply technology solutions to a wide array of business opportunities and application needs
What you’ll do:
Lead a team of web developers, set the web development stack standards and validate team is meeting the coding standards. Document the technical “How” in the user stories; work closely with product owner to set sizing and priority; code the more technically challenging user stories; be committed to agile methodologies. As a technical lead of developers you will provide guidance and support to more junior team members; help grow the team’s abilities.
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science or prior web development experience.
- Experience leading development team and driving processes and standards
- Significant experience building customer-facing interfaces and business-critical systems
- Experience with .NET technologies including ASP.NET MVC
- Significant experience with web technologies: HTML5, CSS3, SSL/TLS, and JSON
- Well versed in Agile methodologies
- Proficiency with UI testing and optimization techniques
- Strong knowledge and experience working with REST APIs
- Knowledge on web forms C# and VB.net
- SQL development in SQL Server, Oracle and Teradata a plus
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Thursday, January 11, 2018
Expiration Date: Monday, February 12, 2018